UPVc facias and soffit replacement cost

Associate
I need to get our wood facia and soffits replaced and started getting quotes from local trades to replace them including guttering and use the end capping etc.

Any idea what sort of price for a modest (not big) 3 bed detached with single garage and conservatory (meaning will need scaffold).

First quote today started at £2900 and ended up at £4500 after I said I want the end capping on.

Soldato
We had ours done last month. Made such a difference, looks amazing. Better than I was expecting.

Scaffolding was £600 (was £700 but haggled and got £100 off)
Fasicas, guttering, labour £900 (took them under a day)

We chose plain white with disc style vents and curved black guttering.

That's on a 5 bed house, we had the front done and downpipe at the side. The rear was fine as it is shielded from another house.

It's needed doing for well over a year, it got to the point where the front was almost hanging off :p

Soldato
Jesus we've had a quote from a guy for a 3 bed semi for soffits, facia's and guttering at £6-700, though he was cheapish now looking like it is an absolute steal

Soldato
We had ours done about 3 years ago. It's a fairly big detached 4 bedroom house with a kitchen extension. Most quotes were about £4k though a well known local roofer quoted £8k. Screw that. In the end we got it done for £3.5k.

We went for white focias, soffits and barge boards with round black guttering.

Associate
OP
We had ours done about 3 years ago. It's a fairly big detached 4 bedroom house with a kitchen extension. Most quotes were about £4k though a well known local roofer quoted £8k. Screw that. In the end we got it done for £3.5k.

We went for white focias, soffits and barge boards with round black guttering.

I think this confirms my thoughts that the first quote we had was about £1k over. They did a good job of my mums bungalow aswell so disappointed at the price.

Permabanned
Had ours done a month or so ago, luckily it was decent weather as they never came in the house. 4 bed detached, £4400, delighted with the work carried out, think they were here 4 days.

Assume people are talking about complete replacements rather than just covering the existing stuff. Ours was wood previously and had actually rotted through in places, all needed completely removing.

LQdlXFO.png

Permabanned
Had a few quotes, including the standard shady Irish fella claiming he could do it all in a day for 2 grand if I let him start now. :p

Be quite difficult to directly compare peoples quotes due to different house sizes/aspects.

Associate
OP
As far as quotes are concerned, is it always best to get a written quote? the chap who came round last night just gave us a verbal quote and just said he did things the old fashioned way!

Soldato
I always insist on a written quote. If someone won't give it then they don't get the business. If there's a dispute somewhere down the line you may need that written quote to confirm the scope of works and price.

Soldato
All the quotes are pointless without detail.

you can get it cheap if they clad over the timber and use standard guttering.

if you want it done properly, timber stripped off, plastic added and seamless aluminium guttering then it starts to get pricey

Back
Top Bottom