Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Loving the mini Royale trios. Much most fast paced than before.

Managed to come 1st playing my first mini royale yesterday with two random Spanish guys. It seems easier now, maybe they sorted the hit markers out or something

Caporegime
Loving the mini Royale trios. Much most fast paced than before.

Managed to come 1st playing my first mini royale yesterday with two random Spanish guys. It seems easier now, maybe they sorted the hit markers out or something

because you’re playing easy mode, of course it’s easier.

Step out the kiddie pool and take off the arm bands

Soldato
Dundee?

I swear I passed there once... isnt it at the end of the earth :p?

Seriously though previous poster, you mentioned "not the virgin or sky" stuff.

Who else is offering fibre? (genuine question!)

BT, HyperOptic, Zen, Gigaclear, TalkTalk, Vodafone. There are loads of other companies, just Google 'FTTP providers UK'

Soldato
Ah cheers Guest! Didnt realise they all did fibre!

Is there a website I can check to see what is offered in my area? Would be great to compare if the lay of the land has changed since I always though fibre = VM (at least in my area!)

Soldato
Cheers....

so looks like only VM available on fibre it seems for me?

• BT Wholesale ADSL
  • BT Wholesale ADSL Max
  • BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
  • BT Wholesale SDSL
  • Vodafone LLU
  • TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
  • Sky Broadband
  • Virgin Media (Cable)

Soldato
The local fibre company teasing me by sending me flyers saying it's available at my address now. 1. I've only recently got a new contract (18 months I think) 2. I'm fairly sure they're actually lying since I contacted them not long ago.

Soldato
Cheers....

so looks like only VM available on fibre it seems for me?

• BT Wholesale ADSL
  • BT Wholesale ADSL Max
  • BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
  • BT Wholesale SDSL
  • Vodafone LLU
  • TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
  • Sky Broadband
  • Virgin Media (Cable)

I've had both Virgin media and Sky fibre in the past. Both were flaky and what I would consider not 'proper' fibre. They still relied on copper wire from a shared cab to homes. Both Sky and VM would suffer during peak times - download speeds would plummet and the connection in gaming was generally not stable, upload was always atrocious too. Pings would bounce around and I would get disconnected from servers sometimes.
It may be better now but doubt the cabs and copper have changed much.

FTTP (fibre to the premise) also called FTTB (fibre to the building) is fibre straight to your building / home which is why it's only available when everyone wants it (building block, business or everyone on a street want to pay for it)
The fibre connection I use (HyperOptic 150MB) terminates outside my apartment door in the roof. From there its RJ45 to router (about 3 meters) and Wifi to my PC. Wifi is not ideal but certainly fast enough for their 150MB service, which is £26/month.
A few years ago I had 1GB/1GB service for about £48 but to be honest I didnt really need it. I (we) had Cat6A cable from the router to bedrooms to achive solid ~980MBdown/up

Current Speedtest on Wifi
9871358532.png

Soldato
because you’re playing easy mode, of course it’s easier.

Step out the kiddie pool and take off the arm bands
Easy mode? I thought mini royales was just Warzone in a smaller circle with more crates, weapons and cash. I've won Warzone trios and quads before but never Solos. Though have came a close 2nd twice

Permabanned

If ActiBlizz can't be bothered to act on cheating reports because of the sheer volume, which I kind of get given how insanely popular the game is, then it seems like the simplest solution is to tweak SBMM so that only cheater-grade K/D ratios are put in lobbies together. Consistently getting 30 kills per BR? Yeah, off to the gulag lobbies you go.

Do we know what metric the SBMM is based on? Is it K/D ratio or SPM?

Caporegime
If ActiBlizz can't be bothered to act on cheating reports because of the sheer volume, which I kind of get given how insanely popular the game is, then it seems like the simplest solution is to tweak SBMM so that only cheater-grade K/D ratios are put in lobbies together. Consistently getting 30 kills per BR? Yeah, off to the gulag lobbies you go.

Do we know what metric the SBMM is based on? Is it K/D ratio or SPM?

1) Have the kill cam record from further back in time, did that guy see me as I hid behind that box?
2) Have the server stats at the end of warzone tracking K/D most amount collected on the entire server from all players so it's easier for us to see cheaters

I've got to say the vast majority of cheaters were not english, most are Russian or far east EU atleast!

Soldato
Anyone want to play?

Lol, im just messing with you.
Are, i though it was a special easy mode or something :D

edit - Flash and Stun grens?!

What's going on with the flash and stun grenades? I understand if someone has battle hardened so they do not have as much effect but when I get flashed it's bright white and can't see anything for a good 3-5 seconds.
I've recently observed ther killcam and noticed when I flashed my enemy (MP, Warzone and Gulag) the flash is nowhere near as bright or lasts a long even when they are not using battle hardened.

When am I using them they are about as powerful as throwing a corner shop sparkler at someone but then theirs hits me and burns my eyes in real life out as my 32" screen turns solid white and illuminates my entire bedroom!! I actually do see a big white spot after getting flash grenaded

Are the effects toned down for the console / pad peasants?

Last edited:
Soldato
edit - Flash and Stun grens?!

What's going on with the flash and stun grenades? I understand if someone has battle hardened so they do not have as much effect but when I get flashed it's bright white and can't see anything for a good 3-5 seconds.
I've recently observed ther killcam and noticed when I flashed my enemy (MP, Warzone and Gulag) the flash is nowhere near as bright or lasts a long even when they are not using battle hardened.

When am I using them they are about as powerful as throwing a corner shop sparkler at someone but then theirs hits me and burns my eyes in real life out as my 32" screen turns solid white and illuminates my entire bedroom!! I actually do see a big white spot after getting flash grenaded

Are the effects toned down for the console / pad peasants?
I agree with you. They last so long you might as well make a brew whilst waiting for them to wear off even with battle hardened. Yet throw one at my enemies feet and it's like I've thrown a party popper. Plus they often stun me more than the enemy. Pretty much run battle hardened, trophy system and smoke on every class because of this.

Soldato
EOD, overkill and amped for me. It’s annoying getting stunned/flashed but i usually try to just lie and play dead for a bit. Way more annoying getting constantly claymored, proxy, grenaded or rpg’d.
At least with eod you have a bit of a chance.

Permabanned
Is it just me, or in certain 1v1 situations do controller players have the advantage with that aim assist?

Definitely maybe. Sniper gulags is the one that sticks in my mind because you can one-shot easily, so having that assist can make a big difference in that high-pressure hipfire environment. That being said, I still think a mouse setup is the superior all-rounder and console players would be done with this game if they didn't have some form of aim assist to level the playing field.

I'm not sure if you can do it with console controls, but things like being able to dynamically adjust your sensitivity through keybinds and have different x and y mousing sensitivities are big pros for mouse players.

Soldato
So i just bought this and jumped into Multiplayer, and im utterly terrible, my reactions now im 46 are nothing like they used to be when i was 21 hahah, i used to be good at Unreal / UT etc back in the day but im just utterly terrible at this game, but i do enjoy it.

Is there a good build of sorts to ease into the game with before i go for more exotic weapons? Currently im like lvl16 or something? and im using i think the first Assault Rifle you get with the first lot of unlocks you get for it, Infra red dot scope etc, i did try the underbarrel grenade launcher but i couldnt figure out how to fire the damn grenade hahah saying that though im not even sure what grenade button is bound to anyhow lmao.

Is it best to stick to 1 weapon style and unlock as much as you can? or is there currently certain weapons that are just better than others? i know often in these types of games certain weapons are just unbalanced for a while.

I seem to get killed a lot faster than it takes me to shoot someone else, i figured out you can pick up other peoples weapons too! occasionally ive picked up weapons with heat sensing scopes and stuff and it makes a huge difference it seems.

I actually enjoy the grind of unlocking stuff, but it may be an idea i stick with 1 weapon til my reactions get better and im not dying 25 times per map for only 5 kills :)

Any advice would be more than welcome!

Soldato
Is it just me, or in certain 1v1 situations do controller players have the advantage with that aim assist?

Yep, aim assist is like aim bot in my opinion. There are many youtube vids showing how aggression the aim assist settings are using a pad.

That said, like Mushy Peas wrote, without aim assist, pad players would lose every time to K&M and not play / disable crossplay. I really don't know why crossplay cannot be disabled in Warzone like it can be in standard multiplayer
Spectating my friends playing on console with pad is terrible. The movement is slow as snail and aiming is about 2cm off every time... yep when they shoot they hit people and get kills!??!

Back
Top Bottom