Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
So i just bought this and jumped into Multiplayer, and im utterly terrible, my reactions now im 46 are nothing like they used to be when i was 21 hahah, i used to be good at Unreal / UT etc back in the day but im just utterly terrible at this game, but i do enjoy it.

Is there a good build of sorts to ease into the game with before i go for more exotic weapons? Currently im like lvl16 or something? and im using i think the first Assault Rifle you get with the first lot of unlocks you get for it, Infra red dot scope etc, i did try the underbarrel grenade launcher but i couldnt figure out how to fire the damn grenade hahah saying that though im not even sure what grenade button is bound to anyhow lmao.

Is it best to stick to 1 weapon style and unlock as much as you can? or is there currently certain weapons that are just better than others? i know often in these types of games certain weapons are just unbalanced for a while.

I seem to get killed a lot faster than it takes me to shoot someone else, i figured out you can pick up other peoples weapons too! occasionally ive picked up weapons with heat sensing scopes and stuff and it makes a huge difference it seems.

I actually enjoy the grind of unlocking stuff, but it may be an idea i stick with 1 weapon til my reactions get better and im not dying 25 times per map for only 5 kills :)

Any advice would be more than welcome!

Nice, you'll get better though the more you play. I'm 36 and used to play SOF2, MOHAA, Unreal etc. aswell. It just takes time to get reactions back up.
I would start with an SMG like an MP5 and secondary as sniper or LMG
Don't bother with the grenade launcher / underbarrel attachments like gren/flash etc. They just slow ADS (aim down sight) speeds so you are dead before you can look down the sight at someone. Commando and the grips are useful for recoil control though and accuracy

I'm not lieing when I say this is the best game I have EVER played. This is mainly due to the weapons system with attachments. You can basically make SMGs into ARs, ARs into SMGs and all sorts of other cool stuff.

I wish they would add a 'Shooting range' to test weapons for things like recoil patterns and damage. It would be loved by many (millions) of people

Associate
Also enjoying Mini BR.
It's most of the good bits of standard BR without the 20mins of setup time before getting shot from nowhere whilst you walk past a window :D

Ref. plunder being easy to win... I didn't realise anyone did it to actually collect cash, I thought it was just a way to rank up guns & have some good fights with teams.
Isn't the cash collecting incidental?

Soldato
Yep, aim assist is like aim bot in my opinion. There are many youtube vids showing how aggression the aim assist settings are using a pad.

That said, like Mushy Peas wrote, without aim assist, pad players would lose every time to K&M and not play / disable crossplay. I really don't know why crossplay cannot be disabled in Warzone like it can be in standard multiplayer
Spectating my friends playing on console with pad is terrible. The movement is slow as snail and aiming is about 2cm off every time... yep when they shoot they hit people and get kills!??!

I'm only solo q 4 man atm and new, so regularly loose out as often get jumped or pushed from another player coming from a different direction at the right time when I'm shooting a teammate of theirs. In the warmup though for instance on that kill cam, it's like they just use the controller to roughly line it up with you and it's locked on. I realise they can't compete with fast movement and flicks amongst other things, but if it's direct 1v1 facing one another without too much movement, the controllers do seem at an advantage. Average aim on a controller seems above average aim on pc. The player numbers seem weighted to console as well from what I've seen in solo q. I realise on controller they couldn't compete without some kind of aim assist, but it's bordering on daft. The slightest wrong movement with your mouse and you're dead vs just bursting or holding the trigger down roughly lined up...

Caporegime
First time I ever spectated someone in Royale..

This guy called "PolishSlayer" or something, killed me when I was hiding behind a wall waiting for the smoke to stop. He came around the corner BANG DEAD! I thought ok maybe a UAV, so I specced him and sure enough he was constantly watching certain parts in his vision. I couldn't see anyone. He looked at a wall, points to his team mates "ENEMY" and within less than a min, two guys run across the gap in the wall. BANG one down.

Gold Gun - Level 90+

Caporegime
and another KaptenBrun!

Running across the field, aim snipe, miss 360 spin DEAD one hit!
Ok lets see if I can get him from this side, wollap dead.
Wonder if I hide in this house and wait for him, in he comes one hit dead

**** done with this game till next week, at no point has Activision/IW taken any effort to ban cheaters, atleast Dice/EA did an actual ban wave with Battlefield! This is now the worst game for cheating I have ever come across. Game is amazing, the playerbase ISN'T!

Soldato
Also enjoying Mini BR.
It's most of the good bits of standard BR without the 20mins of setup time before getting shot from nowhere whilst you walk past a window :D

Ref. plunder being easy to win... I didn't realise anyone did it to actually collect cash, I thought it was just a way to rank up guns & have some good fights with teams.
Isn't the cash collecting incidental?

I purposely avoid cash so I don't get marked!

Plunder is for killing time / people whilst a friend / grip finishes their BR game :p

Soldato
I'm only solo q 4 man atm and new, so regularly loose out as often get jumped or pushed from another player coming from a different direction at the right time when I'm shooting a teammate of theirs. In the warmup though for instance on that kill cam, it's like they just use the controller to roughly line it up with you and it's locked on. I realise they can't compete with fast movement and flicks amongst other things, but if it's direct 1v1 facing one another without too much movement, the controllers do seem at an advantage. Average aim on a controller seems above average aim on pc. The player numbers seem weighted to console as well from what I've seen in solo q. I realise on controller they couldn't compete without some kind of aim assist, but it's bordering on daft. The slightest wrong movement with your mouse and you're dead vs just bursting or holding the trigger down roughly lined up...

Yep, exactly. This very much sums it up

“just use the controller to roughly line it up with you and it's locked on“

Long range there’s no point having sniper/marksman battles with controller players really.
Close range controller platers are terrible though

Soldato
Yep, exactly. This very much sums it up

“just use the controller to roughly line it up with you and it's locked on“

Long range there’s no point having sniper/marksman battles with controller players really.
Close range controller platers are terrible though

I have noticed they sometimes struggle with fast movement up close as well. I'll probably try controller for myself over the weekend.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah i gave up with it as well.

What i actaully want is the gameplay of pubg with the movement and audio of COD :)

Back
Top Bottom