Poll: 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 5/?

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Rate the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Makes sense. No point having a new race discussion in an old thread, otherwise we could just keep the same thread and change the date each year when the race comes around.

Looking forward to this one. More pit stops normally equates to more interesting races as we've seen in the past. Otherwise Silverstone can be a borefest.

The Renaults have been looking good in practice, and probably performed better than expected last time around too.

Caporegime
Tracing point caught tracing and given a pathetic punishment, FIA are completely inept. 15 points is nothing considering the advantage they’ve gained, as is the fine for the Billionaire owner. F1 is supposed to the pinnacle of engineering and ingenuity, this sort of flagrant rule breach requires stronger repercussions. At least this ones been disclosed, unlike the Ferrari back handed shenanigans.

I rather doubt that the rear brake ducts are that vital to the improvement in the car, and I don't think the rule breaking is as flagrant as you suggest.

Personally I think the FIA's lack of clarity regarding the change of parts from non-listed to listed is the problem.

Soldato
The FIA never learn, and Liberty seem to have taken a leaf out of their book. Why don't they just make the terms of the new agreement public. If some are up for negotiation they they can state that. Not sure why it needs to be a secret.

Caporegime
In all seriousness, we all know that far more of that car is copied. Maybe drawings for other parts weren’t “officially” handed over but clearly there’s foul play. If you know anything about composite manufacture then you know it’s impossible to copy parts simply by looking at pictures. Especially in such a short time scale. It takes years to hone such things, unless you have a helping hand.

Regardless of what we "know", the penalty isn't calibrated for what you "know", it's calibrated for what has been protested and proven infringing.

Man of Honour
Sorry, @Shimmy I had to create a new thread so we can discuss this race independently.

NP, thanks for sorting! Just got back from holiday, I left before I realised I wouldn't be near a PC to make a thread unfortunately.

I’ve cut your post and moved it to the top - EVH

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Tracing point caught tracing and given a pathetic punishment, FIA are completely inept. 15 points is nothing considering the advantage they’ve gained, as is the fine for the Billionaire owner. F1 is supposed to the pinnacle of engineering and ingenuity, this sort of flagrant rule breach requires stronger repercussions. At least this ones been disclosed, unlike the Ferrari back handed shenanigans.
So you're saying that RP gained all this advantage just by using the Merc rear brake ducts, are you serious?

Soldato
And the fact Ferrari have also waded in is pathetic seeing as they cheated themselves with fuel flow, what a farce.

I sincerely hope that RP now counter challenge the FIA on that exact issue.

Soldato
So let me see if I understand this correctly... Last weekend, the hardest tyre provided by Pirelli fell apart under the strain and their response is to provide softer compounds this weekend.

Are they on drugs or just ******* stupid?

Soldato
This Racing Point issue and the way it has unravelled is exactly the sort of nonsense governance that gradually turns people off the sport.

If they had used the part last year and this year, it wouldn't have been deemed illegal. Due to a small change in the components in a list in the rules, it's deemed illegal now but only because they didn't use it last year, even though they bought it last year when it was legal to do so for that part. But despite being deemed illegal and worthy of a fine and a points deduction, they're permitted to continue using them.

If the car is seen to be a copy on a broad scale and that is not permitted, that's the conversation that needs to be had. If there isn't a suitable rule to deal with that, the rules need reviewing.

All this judgement has really done is clarified that if you previously bought in a component legally, didn't use it but it's now no longer legal to buy in, it's also not legal to use the design you bought during the period when it was legal.

Great effort all round and has done nothing to actually establish any kind of larger scale acceptability (or otherwise) of potential large scale copying of concepts, because that hasn't even been challenged.

Soldato
So let me see if I understand this correctly... Last weekend, the hardest tyre provided by Pirelli fell apart under the strain and their response is to provide softer compounds this weekend.

Are they on drugs or just ******* stupid?
Tyre selections were all made weeks in advance, so it's not a response, more a lack of a decision to change from what was already planned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom