'The Matrix' trilogy is about being transgender.

Soldato
To me this smacks of trans directors trying to crowbar in a trans message into a film which didn't have any such message in the original edit, purely for their own positive affirmation. As others have highlighted, Neo is basically Jesus. He's not Mary M.
All this is PR how and reminds me of JK Rowling constantly changing pointless things in the Potterverse to gain SJW points.

Man of Honour
I think I'd get banned for my unfiltered response to this :(

I'm still not convinced as to how much they developed the original movie anyhow as everything they've done since is of the level of the student to the master in comparison - there are some subtleties in the original movie that aren't just there by chance but are lost on those who made the 2nd and 3rd movie.

Soldato
20 years, 3 films and an anime etc, and nobody realised it until he decided to try and make a platform out of it. okay.
i wonder how many people he's turned off the next instalment who only wanted to see some sci-fi actioner

Soldato
20 years, 3 films and an anime etc, and nobody realised it until he decided to try and make a platform out of it. okay.
i wonder how many people he's turned off the next instalment who only wanted to see some sci-fi actioner
Me won't be doing the next one. To be honest they should have left it at just the one film.

Soldato
At a stretch I guess they could be right in that The Matrix is all about people living in a false reality and a bunch of "woke" humans fighting against the machines imposing that false reality on everyone

But then there's the whole harvesting humans for energy, complex sentient AI, humans destroying the planet in a bid to destroy the machines only power source at the time and the irony of it leading to their enslavement

It's also worth noting, the "real" world that Neo and the others that live in it may not be as real as implied due to the fact that Neo can still see the Matrix code when he's blinded and can still destroy the machine drones, so how does that kind of sorcery work ? Also Neo could possibly be machine code and not real at all

So I guess the premise is about questioning reality, but that's not exclusive to Trans folk

Caporegime
if they wanted a trans movie then surely trinity should have been man who identifies as a woman forcing a man to fall in love with "her" so he would become "the one" after "she" turned him gay straight

the matrix is basically a futuristic prison break movie where the prisoners are under the illusion of being free when they are actually not.
some people are broke out of prison and realise the prison was probably better.

I guess you could say the film hates men since all the agents are men and they control society those bloody men!

but they didn;t make neo a woman

Soldato
As the director/s they can say the film is about whatever they like, but as a viewer I'll make my own mind up about what I think it was about and if the two don't match, never mind!

It'll still not change my enjoyment of the first and third film (not a fan of 2)

Soldato
Sounds like the publicity drive for the new film that the article mentions has kicked off then... :rolleyes:

Only the first one was actually good anyway. I doubt I'll bother with a fourth, even without it becoming a SJW fest.

Agreed.

Can't see why else you'd bring up a film series that's gotta be what 20ish years old.

Soldato
If the matrix really was a story of trans metamorphosis then the Wochowskis did a **** job of it. But for some reason, though, even though it's Lily saying it, i just don't believe it?

I dunno. I don't care all that much, either. two brothers who both decide to transition...i don't know. It's out there. It's reallly far out there.

Caporegime
Come on guys, we can do it. We can make 2020 even weirder than 2019. Let's all transition together! Then we can make some kind of human centipede - incidentally that is the real message of the Matrix. That we should all join our mouths to the ass of the person in front. If you watch them again with some prescription horse tranquiliser in your coffee, it's impossible to miss the centipede theme throughout.

Back
Top Bottom