** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
One thing has come to my mind, is there anyone who has activated the ADAPTIVE SYNC in both the monitor menu and the Nvidia control panel at the same time?

I think when we activate the ADAPTIVE SYNC in the Samsung menu, we should activate the ADAPTIVE SYNC option from the Nvidia control panel.
Please give someone a try and share the result ، tnx

Yes, you need to enable Adaptive Sync on the Samsung monitor first. This will enable the option within Nvidia Control Panel - otherwise the option is not show in Nvidia. You still need to turn it on inside Nvidia too.

I have disabled Adaptive Sync on the Samsung monitor, so the menu option has been removed in my Nvidia Control Panel. Tonight I will test out F1 2020 again and I think the background image flickering on the menu screens will have stopped.

I have the latest Nvidia Driver, but *not* the Hotfix update mentioned. I am running the latest 1006.0 Firmware.

Soldato
Hi, I just got replacement G7 32 after the first one had white flickering on the right side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrud6mlm0xcb60g/VID_20200724_123518.mp4?dl=0

the first monitor was revision FB01 the replacement is FB02 and have updated to latest firmware and so far no white flickering lines and no dead pixels I can see, using this with an 5700xt so just case of enabling Freesync in the OSD menu and in AMD software its reported variable as 60-240hz

so far so good fingers crossed wont find any issues

Permabanned
One thing has come to my mind, is there anyone who has activated the ADAPTIVE SYNC in both the monitor menu and the Nvidia control panel at the same time?

I think when we activate the ADAPTIVE SYNC in the Samsung menu, we should activate the ADAPTIVE SYNC option from the Nvidia control panel.
Please give someone a try and share the result ، tnx

What do you think that setting does?

I give you a hint, that is exactly what 99% of users will do as that is how to set it to G-Sync (Compatible), turn either end of and its not running G-Sync C.

You really need to wait till you get your to know what is going on.

Last edited:
Associate
So you don’t have the G Sync flickering issues?
Sorry, should have specified. That is about the only issue I do have but it really is a slight flicker and not as bad as some peoples I've seen, and it only does it on loading in on some games really. but I came from an Acer XG270HU 144hz which was a TN and also had the same issue but faaar worse. Honestly I haven't felt the need to use adaptive sync on this monitor so far and wasn't a reason I purchased it so that hasn't bothered me personally. Some dedicated Gsync monitors have the flickering too as far as ive heard so I dont really get how Nvidia can certify half of the monitors they are.

Edit:
Just adjusted my freesync range from 60-240 down to 40-240 (as per JonnyG7's post) and it helped lower the FPS where the flickering starts (anywhere below the range).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Did you change the range in the two sections (I followed instructions from a Reddit post), also make sure there is a tick/check in the box before you add it.

"Kusel1: you can edit the freesync range with CRU on the 27 inch g7 from 40-240 hz
but you need to change the V rate and the H rate togheter or your nvidia driver will crash
also the Extentsion Block

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200729/yn46c34i.png

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200729/4h5nwfvd.png

after that you will have a freesync range of 40-240 hz and a smooth flicker free nvidia pendelum test"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/hs2ip0/simple_explanation_for_the_gsync_odyssey_g7/

Last edited:
Associate
The G7 has 4 x the contrast ratio of the best IPS monitors used for video games with lots of versatility, competitive gaming competent, in my opinion, it's an idea and move many will be making. People have waited years for a VA panel with this sort of motion handling, there's now no need for gaming IPS monitors unless one needs double duty with colour consistency for work; just go for it.

Decided to pull the trigger on the 27" tonight. Maybe ill advised with the issues going on, but it can always go back if any chaos ensues! Hopefully it will be an FB02 , but from what I've seen there haven't been quite so many complaints about the 27.

Last edited:
Associate
No, don't. Give in Wulf! :D

Still waiting for mine. Sat here thinking, I don't really game too much any more. Still, minecraft and Eco will look good on it :D:D

Associate
Running some further tests on my 27" G7 today, after applying the Nvidia Hotfix driver (451.85) and now it's all good, even better than before.
I've re-enabled Adaptive Sync on the G7. I'm running a GTx1080, so for consistency, I've set my Refresh Rate in Nvidia Control Panel to 144Hz (I'm never doing to reach super high frame rates of this older GPU), and enabled G-Sync.

In F1 2020, I've adjusted my graphics/resolution settings, and have disabled my FPS limit, so the game can now run unrestricted.

Benchmarking in the game on a few different tracks/conditions, it's averaging 106 FPS, dropping to 85 and peaking at ~128.

The plus here, I do not see any flickering on the menu screens or when the game is paused, which I was seeing at first (although it was almost not noticeable).

I was already very happy with the display, now I am even happier! It's quite possible my in game limit of 100FPS was actually causing the problem - this was something I used on my older monitor which did not have any Adaptive Sync, so I could more closely lock the Refresh Rate to the in game FPS. Now, with G-Sync/Adaptive Sync, I don't need it!

EDIT: For reference, mine is an FB01 unit, running the 1006.0 Firmware from Samsung Korea.

Very happy, this was worth the wait, and a huge improvement from my original BENQ 24" 1080P 144Hz TN panel!

Last edited:
Soldato
The above seems to have worked for me too...been playing mw4 locked at 100 FPS in game and had flickering if vrr on but none with it off so have been playing like that for last 4 weeks

Removed the limit on fps in game and put vrr on and flickering seems to have totally gone.

Permabanned
True and others have done so called "fixes" and it works in one scenario or seems to work for a while then acts up again.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I just got my replacement G7 27 inch after 3 weeks of waiting... turned out to be another FB01, However instead of having firmware 1001 on it, it has 1004 so that different. Tried war thunder and boom, straight away its flickering in the menu. I guess am going to have to sucker up that I paid 450 quid for a display that doesn't have freesync/gsync. Good times.

Soldato
So I just got my replacement G7 27 inch after 3 weeks of waiting... turned out to be another FB01, However instead of having firmware 1001 on it, it has 1004 so that different. Tried war thunder and boom, straight away its flickering in the menu. I guess am going to have to sucker up that I paid 450 quid for a display that doesn't have freesync/gsync. Good times.

what FPS is it running at in menus?

Associate
Right, I think after seeing everything so far, the G9 does a fair bit of future proofing, will be very useful for work, and it is just the gaming side where I may have to lower the graphics quality to get 60 fps in newer games. Now I just need it in stock somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom