Mulan

Caporegime
Don't think I will be returning to the pictures for a while even if it was open. Not worth the risk.

exactly, it’s a balance act of how much tickets receipts they would have got if things were normal vs 1/10th of that now at best vs streaming service at $30.

It’s likely the best case scenario now.

For the time being this is the way forward, but it needs to be priced to be appealing.

If the industry ends up going this way then I might have to invest in some better kit.

Ah yes, spending £30 and watch it on a laptop or worse, a 5.4” phone is not really a good experience.

Soldato
You get to keep it.. As you as you subscribe to Disney plus

Do we know what happens if you unsubscribe from Disney+ for say 6 months then come back? Does Disney "remember" that you've already bought Mulan previously or are you effectively a new customer again and have lost all/any "pay per view" type deals you had previously?

I'm not a streaming user of any kind so I'm not sure how the "unsubscribing" works with these companies like Netflix/Disney etc, do they close your account after a certain amount of time spent unsubscribed etc?

Permabanned
Do we know what happens if you unsubscribe from Disney+ for say 6 months then come back? Does Disney "remember" that you've already bought Mulan previously or are you effectively a new customer again and have lost all/any "pay per view" type deals you had previously?

I'm not a streaming user of any kind so I'm not sure how the "unsubscribing" works with these companies like Netflix/Disney etc, do they close your account after a certain amount of time spent unsubscribed etc?

Mulan, regarded as one of Disney’s biggest films of the year, will premiere exclusively on Disney Plus in the United States and other countries where Disney Plus is available. The film will cost an additional $30, which people will own as long as they are Disney Plus subscribers. Disney has essentially created a video-on-demand portal within its own streaming service, which will give Disney 100 percent of sales revenue, 100 percent control over how people watch the movie, and 100 percent of user data.

Caporegime
Mulan, regarded as one of Disney’s biggest films of the year, will premiere exclusively on Disney Plus in the United States and other countries where Disney Plus is available. The film will cost an additional $30, which people will own as long as they are Disney Plus subscribers. Disney has essentially created a video-on-demand portal within its own streaming service, which will give Disney 100 percent of sales revenue, 100 percent control over how people watch the movie, and 100 percent of user data.

I don’t think they can control how I watch the movie. If I want to watch it on my phone sitting on the loo then and then watch it on my TV then swap over to my laptop, I can do that. I can even watch it upside down, side ways, backwards with subtitles, in the dark, mounted on the ceiling etc

They have zero control how I watch the movie.

Last edited:
Soldato
going to be pirated very quickly in great quality. The cinema stopped that to some extent.
Not really. As soon as a movie is released in cinemas it gets pirated. These days there's even your dodgy cinemas that allow their mates to set up their camera (or maybe even direct into the projector?), plug into the sound desk and there you have a pretty spot on decent cam. It happens almost immediately, I've even seen first hand them come from cinemas in the UK.

The difference with pvod is that it'll be a direct HD+ rip with not much effort required.

Caporegime
Not really. As soon as a movie is released in cinemas it gets pirated. These days there's even your dodgy cinemas that allow their mates to set up their camera (or maybe even direct into the projector?), plug into the sound desk and there you have a pretty spot on decent cam. It happens almost immediately, I've even seen first hand them come from cinemas in the UK.

The difference with pvod is that it'll be a direct HD+ rip with not much effort required.
Most of the CAM copies I see on the site I use are generally of terrible quality, almost not even worth the download. Cropped picture, terrible audio, poor quality picture with terrible crushing of dark scenes and fast moving scenes become a blur and are nigh on unwatchable. The first decent copies usually come from South Korea where the cinema to VOD window seems to be the shortest if you can put up with hard coded foreign subs.

When my local cinema is £5 a ticket it’s no big deal to go and see anything I want to watch there instead of downloading a terrible quality cam.

Soldato
It won't be a CAM copy of this, it'll be full 4K, and with great sound, that is the difference, a CAM copy is a true mess of an actual release, but if they make it very expensive on their platform only, then it'll get hammered.
Frankly deservingly so.

Soldato
Watched this a month ago, was not impressed
Do you live in south west London? If you did watch it then you definitely just broke your NDA :p

Edit:
Most of the CAM copies I see on the site I use are generally of terrible quality,
Don't you work for Sky? Confused as to why you would be in the business of ripping off your paymasters... Especially when you get such good benefits... Each to their own though..

Soldato
The same way everyone watches things that are not released?

Hadn't realised it was already out and about on the regular sites.

This will certainly be interesting then to see how well it does on release in light of there already being a pirate copy floating about in 1080p.

Caporegime

Hadn't realised it was already out and about on the regular sites.

This will certainly be interesting then to see how well it does on release in light of there already being a pirate copy floating about in 1080p.

Looking on my usual site it hasn’t been leaked as far as I can see and this site is normally pretty good at having the latest releases.

Soldato
Are you sure you have the right movie? lol if it had been leaked this would probably be in the newspapers etc. Especially in the current situation. I can't see any evidence of a rip being out there. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom