What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
I’ve ordered a new company car. I’m stepping outside of my comfort zone with a BMW 330e Touring. Now I’m in for the long wait.

Soldato
Did an oil change on the mx5 and while I was under there I examined the upstream o2 sensor which is throwing fault codes. No way is it coming out with the manifold in situ, so I'll have to remove the manifold to change the sensor and then reinstall. Oh well, at least I know the process having installed it a couple of years ago and I'll have all the necessary tools handy.

Soldato
Fixed the broken catches and window frames on the MGB. I now have working side windows on both sides, and also the pile of parts inside is continuing to get smaller!

mgbsum1.jpg

mgbsum2.jpg

mgbsum3.jpg

Don
MPE went on, wish I'd recorded a before and after, but safe to say it's orally epic, my fav noise is 3-4k upshifts, you can really hear the titanium 'ping'

U0f0dTP.png

Sadly whilst it was fitted we noticed my front MPSS were down to the cord on the very inside, so whilst annoying (they had about 1000 miles on them) I was glad to find out up on a ramp rather than on a motorway!!

So camskill are dropping round some MPS4S and I'll have to wait till Thursday to get them fitted, then I'll try and grab a video :)

Soldato
Yesterday I fitted a reversing camera. It's not standard, or anywhere near the quality of a OEM cameras of today's cars, but for the princely sum of nine quid and an afternoon of my time, it's a great little "nice to have". Relatively easy to install too, once you've worked out the wiring.

Although I did have a fright when I went to start the car and it was completely dead. Thought I'd shorted something and killed the ECU. Turned out the battery had just drained whilst I'd been working with the boot and doors open for a couple of hours. Nob :/

Soldato
Filled in a few scratches and paint chips using a cocktail stick.
Will leave it a good week to dry then give it a wet sand and polish.

Don
1000 miles and on the cords? :eek:

Time for an alignment, must be seriously, serious out... Or you've been driving on cheese graters at grate (!!!) speed. :p

I can't say it looks particularly bad, but clearly it is. Moved the car to let my brother park in the driveway earlier, the exhaust is fairly fun :D :cool:

Soldato
Although I did have a fright when I went to start the car and it was completely dead. Thought I'd shorted something and killed the ECU. Turned out the battery had just drained whilst I'd been working with the boot and doors open for a couple of hours. Nob :/

How old is the battery? I wouldn't expect a couple of hours powering a few low wattage bulbs to kill the battery by that margin.

Associate
How much difference is there? I hate the m140i and it's crap infotainment restrictions - to my mind absolute waste of cash having the pro system - don't even get me started on the Harmon crapdom speakers!
I can't think of a car in that class with a better system than the BMW. Considering it's old enoguh there's a new model now, it's especially good. I didn't have the HK speakers, just the BMW advanced ones, which i thought were worth it. iDrive is verygood though, whether it's 5 or 6. The navigation is good, the voice command is good etc. I had the Pro system that I thought included the bigger screen, which is definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom