Copying files from one folder to another with a time delay between each file

Soldato
When in the office I have a script set up to copy newly created files (artwork for printing) from my local PC to a "Hot" folder set up on the printers RIP. This allows jobs to be ripped and then printed in order which also then lines up with how the shipping labels are created.

As I'm trying to work from home a little more, I've run into an issue where I can create the Artwork here, however, when returning to the office I can have upwards of 200 files to add to the RIP. If i go ahead and just drop all these into the hot folder, the RIP will process them at random, meaning everything is out of order.

What I'm looking for is a program / script, that will allow me to copy multiple files from one folder to another with a 15 second delay between each file. What I would also need for this is it to take the oldest file first and work to the newest.

Is there an app out there which I'll be able to use?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
Cheers I may have found an elegant work around, I've decided to upload the files to our FTP, then once I'm at the office I can download them straight to my local hot folder. I have limited the download rate enough so each files takes about 10 seconds.

This also ensures that if i forget to take my external drive to work I'll still have the files

Back
Top Bottom