What film did you watch last night?

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I think the best trailer I saw in recent years was one of the star wars ones, maybe The Force Awakens? Didn't give the plot anyway, just developed hype.

Soldato
Kill the Irish man. Didn't even know anything about the film. True story about a Irish man kinda taking on the mob. Done on a budget, but done well apart from some sfx explosions showing cgi, though made years ago.

Associate
Kill the Irish man. Didn't even know anything about the film. True story about a Irish man kinda taking on the mob. Done on a budget, but done well apart from some sfx explosions showing cgi, though made years ago.
Is that the new Irish film which is about 3 hours long supposed be really good but 3 hours is long for a film imo

Associate
Black Water: Abyss (2020) - 2/10

A cheap monster movie that isn’t bad per say, but is boring to watch.

It has 1 or 2 good moments, but the story is formulaic, the characters are bland, the family drama sub-plot is unnecessary and the dialogue and acting is passable at best.

No horror (unless you’re afraid of dirty water) and no real surprises or suspense.

The ending and scenes with the crocodile are ok, but nothing special.

Associate
Watched Unhinged last night, quite strange seeing Russell Crowe in the lunatic psychopath role, whilst not the best movie in the world, didn’t notice the time pass at all. Very enjoyable.

Associate
The tax collector (2020) 8/10

Probably bias because I tend to like all David Ayer movies, but if you enjoyed the likes of training day and end of watch I highly recommend it.

Soldato
Logan. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3315342/

I'm not sure if I started watching it too late but after a while I gave up on it. I can't say I felt much for the main character.

Shame, as it was Jackman being in it that made me want to watch the flick in the first place.

I thought Logan was massively over rated, swearing and violence can't make up for a **** poor story. Shame as I generally enjoy Jackman in the role of Wolverine in the other x-movies.

Caporegime
I thought Logan was massively over rated, swearing and violence can't make up for a **** poor story. Shame as I generally enjoy Jackman in the role of Wolverine in the other x-movies.

Similar to my thoughts. I couldn't find much in the way of strengths to bother watching it any further.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Danger Close on Netflix.

A story about the Ausies in Vietnam. Good enough film and the time past quickly enough, it always nice to see stories from other that were in the war. One of my issues was that the characters were a bit under cooked and a bit unlikeable. 6/10

Also I wish films would stop using CGI gunfire, it just doesn't look right to me :(

Soldato
Danger Close on Netflix.

A story about the Ausies in Vietnam. Good enough film and the time past quickly enough, it always nice to see stories from other that were in the war. One of my issues was that the characters were a bit under cooked and a bit unlikeable. 6/10

Also I wish films would stop using CGI gunfire, it just doesn't look right to me :(

If you haven’t seen it before try and see the 1979 film The Odd Angry Shot. That’s a good Aussie Vietnam film.

Associate
Vivarium

Apparently recommended by Stephen King.
Guess I now know why I stopped reading his books a while back!

It has an interesting idea but does nothing with it until the last 10 minutes of the film and then it's all over.
You could literally fast forward the middle 45 minutes of the film and miss nothing.

And I would have thrown the "kid" down the hole soon as he started screaming...

Back
Top Bottom