**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
I'd guess as with pretty much everything in this sim it will expand and improve over the next 10 years... Plus obviously the mechanism is there, so will probably be a 3rd party mod to add all creatures great and small anyway. Nothing more realistic than a big bug splat right between the eyes just before you land.

Associate
So as an insider i can tell you the animals are certain places at the moment (ive had flamingos, elephants and bears) you can find them easily using the map.

As for expansion - 100%. Even on ultra airport density, real world, boats etc are only on 50% at ultra. This sim even makes a 2080Ti scream at 100% load (prior to the beta build anyway as they broke optimisation this build)

Associate
It took years before FSX had the likes of Ultimate Traffic, so whilst it does appear to have some kind of live AI traffic I doubt it's anywhere near accurate in volume or variety.

I used to love FSPassengers with FS2004 and FSX - but the developer is MIA and has been for some time. AirHauler is being developed for XPlane still but they haven't announced for FS2020 either.
Well it does. I flew out of Cardiff after the latest covid deliveries and the flights were real-time. Are you an insider or basing your views on hearsay?

the fact its baked in makes it much easier to expand upon.

I’d love to be able to enter a stack for busier airports and landing slots. That would add to the realism but I’m probably asking too much. Perhaps in a later patch things like this will come.
I’d love to be able to enter a stack for busier airports and landing slots. That would add to the realism but I’m probably asking too much. Perhaps in a later patch things like this will come.

that is possible at launch. VATSIM is baked in.

Talking about aircraft traffic. Yes certainly real world flights are way down, but I think even so the airports are extremely quiet. One could pull up Flightradar or similar and check if one felt so inclined.

good tip thanks. Would still be good for a multiplier indicator to pop up for anything other than 1x but that’s a reasonable workaround.

Not that it’s something I’m familiar with, but I believe that’s the sort of thing that Vatsim will allow you to play with if that’s your bag.

turn up airport density - even at ultra is 50%.

Last edited:
Associate
I wish you hadn't said that, I've still got every FS disc since FS2 somewhere. Be a shame to ruin the collection by not having the latest! Xbox Game Pass version for me to start with as well, a decision can wait awhile.

Soldato
They've been doing the £1 first introductory month for quite a while, I'd be surprised if it went away any time soon.

If you are only getting the PC game pass it's only £3.99 a month after that too so not exactly the end of the world if you wanted to try it out for 2 months at £5 total.

I haz 4090!
Don
Game Pass edition for me as well to start. I fly the 737 in XP11 so I'm really wanting to wait until a payware 737 is released for FS2020. I'll have a play in the airbus until then but I think a few of the insiders have said the standard planes aren't 100% SIM quality, so I'll wait and see.

Soldato
The light aircraft are great quality, although the G1000 itself has some work to be done. Given it features on so many of their aircraft though I'd be surprised if it isn't significantly improved upon by launch version.

The bigger more complex ones like the bus are visually beautiful and accurate, but the systems and flight model on them have a fair way to go to meet payware standards imo.

Soldato
So as an insider i can tell you the animals are certain places at the moment (ive had flamingos, elephants and bears) you can find them easily using the map.

As for expansion - 100%. Even on ultra airport density, real world, boats etc are only on 50% at ultra. This sim even makes a 2080Ti scream at 100% load (prior to the beta build anyway as they broke optimisation this build)

can’t magine a cutting edge flight sim that’s expected to stay current for years not straining an about to be phased out GPU

Back
Top Bottom