Authenticator App of choice?

Soldato
Is there a favourite Authenticator app out there people are using?
Obviously big names like Google, Microsoft etc.
I've got a couple of things I'm using SMS authentication on that I'd like to move to an app and things I should have 2fa switched on for that I currently don't.

Soldato
You still have the manual steps to do this for each whereas with MS it's all automatic and secured with the MS account. The MS app is the best 2FA app really.

Just had a look as I've never transferred before. It's not quite individual, but mine did generate 2 qr codes for maybe 15 accounts.

Associate
MS Authenticator, Duo Mobile and Authy. I ditched Google as you cant back it up so rubbish if you change your mobile.

Same. I was shocked when I found out Google had no backup/cloud store. Was a huge hassle going through websites again, some easy navigating, others a joke.

Soldato
OP
I am right in thinking that apps like Authy, Google, Microsoft (and others) all use the same standard?
So where a site or service advertises the fact you can setup a "Google Authenticator" you can in fact use any that conforms to the same standard?

Bit like shops that used to display "Apple Pay" stickers, but we all knew if they accepted Apple Pay then Android Pay was going to work.

Back
Top Bottom