**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Soldato
Well maybe this is a sign but tried to preorder only for the transaction not to go through initially instantly flagging fraudulent activity ... so bank block and now O2 block

no idea what went wrong but not I have to wait 24hrs for some reason for my O2 account to be “unblocked” but probably find out trying again the bank will just block it again as it will look even more suspicious

Got to laugh I guess.

Associate
The Fold won't come with the pen though if you need it, also if you like tinkering, take a look at the Huawei Mate XS and the rumoured Mate X2, the X2 allegedly folds inward like the Galaxy fold, but my use of the Mate XS so far has been great, obviously you need to know about the lack of Google services but that's a thing you need to try for yourself.
I did an unboxing, not the best quality but for my first unboxing it was a laugh......
https://youtu.be/apg_Pr083Ps

Good unboxing!! it looks cool, I am not sure though without the google services though!

Most people go into a Note purchase imagining uses they'll have for the S Pen and, after a few days, for most people the S Pen will remain in its slot. E.g. who wants to fumble out a £1200 phone in the supermarket while pushing a trolley and start crossing items off a list? It's a recipe for drops and disaster! HOWEVER - the pens are still nice to tinker with - e.g. marking up photos, adding comedy moustaches and so on. Some games are much better with the pen (though not all games are compatible). Generally it feels nice just having the S Pen, even if it's infrequently used.

Yes I really like the s-pen, I have a surface pro 7 with a pen too and use it for signing contracts digitally so if I have it on the actual phone it'd be even better!

Well maybe this is a sign but tried to preorder only for the transaction not to go through initially instantly flagging fraudulent activity ... so bank block and now O2 block

no idea what went wrong but not I have to wait 24hrs for some reason for my O2 account to be “unblocked” but probably find out trying again the bank will just block it again as it will look even more suspicious

Got to laugh I guess.

Ahh nightmare!! don't give up though!!

Man of Honour
Most people go into a Note purchase imagining uses they'll have for the S Pen and, after a few days, for most people the S Pen will remain in its slot. E.g. who wants to fumble out a £1200 phone in the supermarket while pushing a trolley and start crossing items off a list? It's a recipe for drops and disaster! HOWEVER - the pens are still nice to tinker with - e.g. marking up photos, adding comedy moustaches and so on. Some games are much better with the pen (though not all games are compatible). Generally it feels nice just having the S Pen, even if it's infrequently used.

I actually use the S Pen quite a bit for scribbling notes though not so much on the move - if I did I'd probably get a good case with a chain/strap to minimise chances of dropping it.

Soldato
This is a bone question as I am not up to speed with tech

So the pen, can this be used with other devices like a big pad that can connect to laptop for larger “doodling” notes and graphs ?

Soldato
What cases are people looking at getting. I dont want to hide the phone but I've drop my current one about 4 times, I'm not fussed as it's only an A10 but dont want to do it with a note 20 ultra!

Soldato
What cases are people looking at getting. I dont want to hide the phone but I've drop my current one about 4 times, I'm not fussed as it's only an A10 but dont want to do it with a note 20 ultra!

I've gone for this

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-note-20-ultra-protective-standing-case-silver-81598

Had it on my Note 9 and Note 10+ and both got dropped with no damage

Anyone seen this news

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra LTE model has only 8GB of RAM

Depending on where exactly in the world you’re located, you may find the notion of paying for 5G unnecessary, and Samsung already confirmed both the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be available in LTE-only configurations. However, that “entry-level” configuration of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will only be offered with 8GB of RAM. Not that 8GB still isn’t plenty, but it’s to be assumed every detail matters when you’re shelling out $1,299 on a smartphone. Particularly so when you can get an arguably better deal by going with the Galaxy Note 10+.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/psa-galaxy-note-20-ultra-lte-only-8gb-ram/

Associate
I've decided on a Note 20 Ultra. I was weighing it up between this and a Oneplus 8 Pro with a cheap SIM in it. Managed to get the upfront cost waived and have 40GB Data for £62 a month. I make the total price over two years as £1488. Minus cost of phone which is £1179, leaves £309. £309 over 24 months is £12.87 per month for a SIM with 40GB 5G data, I am sure you can get slightly cheaper but I am happy with this. Hopefully it will be a great upgrade from my aging S9+. I went with the Xbox freebie rather than the earphones so am interested to see what it is like to game on.

Associate
I've gone for this

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-note-20-ultra-protective-standing-case-silver-81598

Had it on my Note 9 and Note 10+ and both got dropped with no damage

Anyone seen this news

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra LTE model has only 8GB of RAM

Depending on where exactly in the world you’re located, you may find the notion of paying for 5G unnecessary, and Samsung already confirmed both the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be available in LTE-only configurations. However, that “entry-level” configuration of the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will only be offered with 8GB of RAM. Not that 8GB still isn’t plenty, but it’s to be assumed every detail matters when you’re shelling out $1,299 on a smartphone. Particularly so when you can get an arguably better deal by going with the Galaxy Note 10+.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/psa-galaxy-note-20-ultra-lte-only-8gb-ram/
There was no option to get an LTE Note 20 ultra, I would have got it otherwise as I have no interest in 5g, the option was not on the Samsung website.

Associate
This is a bone question as I am not up to speed with tech

So the pen, can this be used with other devices like a big pad that can connect to laptop for larger “doodling” notes and graphs ?
Probably not as it pairs with the phone it comes with. However you can buy separate Bluetooth pens for various devices.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well this took some effort, after not being able to complete the preorder online , I then used the old fashioned way of phoning them up, after 2 attempts at that and failing (because once I got through to someone they disconnected me twice) I resorted to the really old school way of face to face shop...

got a preorder but didn’t pay any deposit just got a receipt saying go back when it’s in store to get the contract sorted. Sorted ... I think :)

Associate
I've decided on a Note 20 Ultra. I was weighing it up between this and a Oneplus 8 Pro with a cheap SIM in it. Managed to get the upfront cost waived and have 40GB Data for £62 a month. I make the total price over two years as £1488. Minus cost of phone which is £1179, leaves £309. £309 over 24 months is £12.87 per month for a SIM with 40GB 5G data, I am sure you can get slightly cheaper but I am happy with this. Hopefully it will be a great upgrade from my aging S9+. I went with the Xbox freebie rather than the earphones so am interested to see what it is like to game on.

Who's that with? Sort of puts me off buying the phone outright as you're essentially getting 2 years free SIM O_o

I was hoping to wait for the pixel 5 to land as I broke my current phone so carrying an S6 with a powerbank as a life support everywhere I don't think I can last until October and that's at the potential earliest!

I just want the best camera phone of 2020 and I think it's either going to be this, apple or pixel and I hate apple

Associate
Who's that with? Sort of puts me off buying the phone outright as you're essentially getting 2 years free SIM O_o

I was hoping to wait for the pixel 5 to land as I broke my current phone so carrying an S6 with a powerbank as a life support everywhere I don't think I can last until October and that's at the potential earliest!

I just want the best camera phone of 2020 and I think it's either going to be this, apple or pixel and I hate apple

EE, upgrade. I was offered 10GB data for £58 but figured the extra data might come in handy. You can get a slightly lower overall cost by paying like £600 upfront but that's not what I was after. Check mobiles.co.uk

Associate
Is the new latency on the 20 Ultra a screen thing or is it also the spen that helps with it.

In other words will the spare Spen I have from the Note 10+ work just fine on with new latency?

Back
Top Bottom