It's too hot :(

Associate
No storms or rain here but outdoor temperature massively dropped from 34c around 2pm today to 27c now, feels great.

Forecast 21c with rain tonight and not even breaking 30c tomorrow all day.

Seems to be over finally.

Man of Honour
Hertfordshire - couple of little rumbles and the odd flash, occasional light showers but stopping really quickly.

Still hot and now humid too... Great. :rolleyes:

Bad weather keeps getting pushed back. Tomorrow afternoon looking potentially a little damp, Friday looking like a washout. :D

Soldato
I love the heat but we aren't setup for this in the UK. Just when it starts cooling down in the evening I fire up my PC for some gaming and it starts throwing out 500w-ish of heat making my room into hotbox again. Can we return to low 20s again please.

Oh I fixed a reflective film on to the inside of my bedroom and living room windows as they are south facing. This made a HUGE difference to how hot it gets in those rooms. Well worth doing if you have direct sun on windows.

I was looking at some window film this afternoon. Any recommendations?

Soldato
Soldato
Some distant rumbling and grey clouds to the east of Swindon, sitting here upstairs at the PC almost unbearably hot.

Oh that one was a bit closer.

Looks like I get out of watering the garden this evening!

Soldato
Scotrail appear to have known about the landslip and flood that caused this but allowed the line to stay open.

Edit:
https://www.scotsman.com/news/trans...otrail-train-derailment-aberdeenshire-2939946

Horrific.

The running lines are Network Rail's responsibility, not ScotRail. From what I gather it was returning back to Stonehaven due to unsafe conditions further south so it will have likely already passed that same point on the line only a short time earlier.

Soldato
Here is a photo taken by someone local and then posted in a local chat group on FB, so I am not taking credit for the photo and it is edited but the fork lightning you see was that bright and vivid all night along with lots of flashes, rumbles and sometimes loud cracks/bangs.

117607164_10223634615637711_7760240618147276214_o.jpg

Looks like a scene from Highlander. Just need The Kurgen & Connor MacLeod in there :p

Soldato
+1

Now looking 2000 at earliest if Wunderground are right, Met Office now saying closer to 2200. :(

I doubt we'll get anything, tonight, tomorrow or Friday. Storms just keep getting pushed back. MET office just guessing as usual, because it's hot and humid might get a 12% chance of a storm and just copy paste that all week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom