What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Chucked this on.. not sure on the decal yet, may remove it.

IMG-4719.jpg

IMG-4733.jpg

IMG-4743.jpg

Soldato
aye was thinking that, having trouble finding a small emblem or deal for it- that one was an old brake caliper decal I had knocking around. It looks decent with no decal though, so might rip it off at the weekend!

Soldato
Cleaned the EGR valve in my girlfriend's Sorento today....

Started the car this morning from cold, and let it idle, didn't touch the throttle. No lumpiness, no surging, no undue vibration as it was doing before the EGR clean...feeling pretty pleased with myself :]

aye was thinking that, having trouble finding a small emblem or deal for it- that one was an old brake caliper decal I had knocking around. It looks decent with no decal though, so might rip it off at the weekend!

Yup, the wheel looks great, but the decal does look too large. It would look much cleaner without.

Soldato
My AC compressor busted while 10kms into an 80km round trip in 48c weather. That was not fun :(

Got the car back today (£600 lighter :o) and collected the final bits for my head unit from the post office. I bought an android based oem style one from aliexpress and now have a decent system with Bluetooth, a screen, android auto, rear camera, apps and all sorts of extras.

I have ordered a new set of stickers for the buttons, just waiting for them to arrive!

Before
rLq29LX.jpg

After
zybicIC.jpg

Associate
Got my beady hands on some wheels off a PZ RX8 and painted the calipers.

50222353042_55d9eeb992_c.jpg

Installed uprated top mount intercooler.

50207090112_a9b92f9279_c.jpg

Recieved my package from Russia with custom gearknob and oil cap. Matches the orange from my MX5, but for my MPS. I do love orange.

50222354497_9e07c108c3_c.jpg

Caporegime
My AC compressor busted while 10kms into an 80km round trip in 48c weather. That was not fun :(

Got the car back today (£600 lighter :o) and collected the final bits for my head unit from the post office. I bought an android based oem style one from aliexpress and now have a decent system with Bluetooth, a screen, android auto, rear camera, apps and all sorts of extras.

I have ordered a new set of stickers for the buttons, just waiting for them to arrive!

Before
rLq29LX.jpg

After
zybicIC.jpg

What car is this? That is the worst centre stack design I've ever seen... Whats with the random texture change and then the 3 inch bezel? :p

Looks like a mixture of Audi, Ford, and microwave.

Oh its a 2007 ish GMC Yukon or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Swapped out my nearside headlight. Car only has crappy halogens unfortunately but BMW made the halogens on the F30 even crappier than they were on my E90 by making the bulbs clip in really poorly - at least the E90 halogens had a metal arm that went over the bulbs, the F30 halogens just push into the middle of three metal bits. Anyway a year or so ago one of the bulbs fell out of the holder without me noticing and ended up melting the light. It made the entire light assembly cloudy from the inside and also melted a big hole in it. Would've been nice to retrofit xenons but the xenon light units aren't cheap so I'll just make sure my next car has decent lights.

IMG-0355.jpg

Old vs replacement light:
IMG-0356.jpg

The melted hole:
IMG-0361.jpg

Now just need to get the light alignment checked out but at least it's all working and there's no more clouding.

Soldato
Looks good apart from the AC controls. I’ve literally never seen a GM truck or SUV of that generation without worn climate control buttons, they must have made them out of cheese :p
Dude tell me about it! I even went to a few scrappies to see if I could just swap out the unit and they were not much better than mine! Will hold out on updated stickers for now.

Over here the mentality seems to be if it's working, don't touch it. One of my tyre sensors is gone which gives an annoying error on the dash so went to get it replaced. Turns out I have some inside tyre wear (the kind that would make this forum lose their mind) and the response was 'don't worry about the tyre sensor or the tyre wear until you need to change the tyre'! It will pass an inspection here with tyre wear but the tyres aren't allowed to be over 2 years old! Makes me laugh sometimes.
Wesh yer buttons, yer mucky pup :D
I do, and then they get dirty / dusty / sandy. It's a no win situation :(
What car is this? That is the worst centre stack design I've ever seen... Whats with the random texture change and then the 3 inch bezel? :p

Looks like a mixture of Audi, Ford, and microwave.

Oh its a 2007 ish GMC Yukon or something.
Yup it's merica. Meh, it's functional and it works but is fugly!

Soldato
High revving NA engines with a nice intake noise are the best. :D

Take a video. ;)

Your Corolla actually sounded quite good tbf, When i'm in cardiff again i'll see if I can get a sound clip of my K24 in the tunnels, its quite funny watching people turning around to see an Accord (Cars people think are for old men) making such noise, i love it.

Don
Bit of much needed hunter alignment, given the cost of new tyres I'm going to do this every month, stupid country lanes!

I missed the piccie of all the wheels, but they were all red :(

TQRIIwz.jpg

"off the scale" for the front wheels, explains the worn out tyre after 1000~ miles

7PbFEqo.jpg

Soldato
Bit of much needed hunter alignment, given the cost of new tyres I'm going to do this every month, stupid country lanes!

I missed the piccie of all the wheels, but they were all red :(

TQRIIwz.jpg

"off the scale" for the front wheels, explains the worn out tyre after 1000~ miles

7PbFEqo.jpg

Yea I have to do it every year on the Elise. Probably needs it more often tbh. UK roads are shocking. Those square type speed humps are bad for knocking it out as well :/

Associate
New brake pads on the front after discovering that one of the inner pads failed in an interesting way which was annoying as they had a lot of friction material left on them and there's nothing wrong with the discs. They were Pagid before, but I've gone for Textar OE this time, I've read some reports of them squealing regardless of what you do and higher than average brake dust, but they seem fine to me so far.

Back
Top Bottom