NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
I'm less impressed by this case than I thought I would be.

The front roof 120mm fan doesn't fit with an SFX-L PSU. This leaves a big gap above the PSU, so it could have been mounted even higher giving more room for cables to run out the bottom (as it is, this area is just as tight as in the M1).

The push pin fan mounts add to the thickness. No fan screws are included as an alternative. I had spares, so that was fortunate (PSA: 25mm thick fans don't fit below a 5700 XT Nitro+).

The side panel push pins are weak. I didn't discover this until I finished, but due to how weak they are, you can't route any cables behind the motherboard tray. I've got to redo all of the cabling now :rolleyes:

Negativity out of the way, I really like the case. Compared to the M1, it's big and it's heavy. All of the panels are thick and weighty. I like the plethora of cable tie points, and the included velcro cable ties on the PSU shroud. The drive push mounts are a really nice touch. The finished(ish) build looks awesome with the TG panel.

Aaaaw crap, I just picked up my 5 value pack of arctic p12s, well well...Is it really THAT tight or can you bodge it in somehow togheter with the Nitro+ 5700xt?

Associate
I really like the motherboard front panel holder thing as I as always hated doing them. Please can all case manufactures do this or if cooler master can sell them it would be great.

Just waiting for my noctua thin 120mm fans for the bottom even but I do not know if I will need them as even in this heat everything runs well. The corsair h100i aio runs cool and quiet with 2 artic p12 on it and the p12 and noctua fan at the top remove the heat well so the red devil 5700xt runs also cool and quiet without the help of any bottom fans so the thins might go back.

Associate
I really like the motherboard front panel holder thing as I as always hated doing them. Please can all case manufactures do this or if cooler master can sell them it would be great.

Just waiting for my noctua thin 120mm fans for the bottom even but I do not know if I will need them as even in this heat everything runs well. The corsair h100i aio runs cool and quiet with 2 artic p12 on it and the p12 and noctua fan at the top remove the heat well so the red devil 5700xt runs also cool and quiet without the help of any bottom fans so the thins might go back.

Great that the gpu runs cool without bottom fans (since I can't fit mine lol) maybe my nitro 5700xt will be alright without bottom intake as well, it does after all have 3x fans of its own lol...

Soldato

I'm using 2 Noctua A12X15 PWM chromax slims on the bottom as intake and the 2 included NR200P case fans on top as exhaust. Keeping my RTX 2080 FE cool and have all 4 fans running 800rpm through motherboard bios. Temps are good.

Associate
Just finished my build here. Moved from Dan a4 to this. Running 3700X with rtx 2080. Look how huge this case is compared with Dan!!! I'm still waiting for my NH U12a to arrive, so right now I'm using the asetek 645lt. I haven't done any cable management yet as i'm waiting for the cooler and i plan to order some custom cables.
gxesjoi.jpg
3aB2S5R.jpg
2YhsPj5.jpg

Soldato
That was my problem as well. You have to tightly squeeze it in there.

I managed to get the GPU In eventually, was a pain because it wouldn't sit flush with the brackets it kept clashing with the vrm heat shield on the motherboard, I was only test fitting it too because it won't fit with the fans in the base, gutted.

Need to take it out now to finish cabling and try refit it all over again tomorrow but giving up for the night I've had enough :)

Uvo

Uvo

Associate
not addressed the psu cabling issue on mine as it's currently a atx psu hanging out the back of the box :)
but i at least I got to see what it'll look like and get an idea how much of a pain cable management is going to be.

20200812-205640.jpg

20200812-205502.jpg

need to see what temps are like without any fans on the bottom as it looks a bit tight to squeeze anything in there.
20200812-205751.jpg

plenty of room with a 2 slot card...
20200812-164626.jpg

Associate
Sweating! How the hell are you supposed get the cables into the PSU and fit a GPU in there too! I'm giving up for the night
Having the experience of building smaller cases like Dan a4, actually it wasn't that difficult for me. You just have to squeeze and wait for the miracle to happen :D

Associate
I've gone for something a little different, I've got a Steam Cache that I've mostly thrown together with spare parts (and a billion Noctua fans that I've hoarded over the years). The cable management was great for a small form factor builds, the tie down points and velcro straps are brilliant!

jpPnV2K.jpg
Pile-o-parts

QdcrFDe.jpg
Main parts fitted and cable-managed

byceOYT.jpg
140mm fans fitted. I had to use spacers for the bracket screws and mount the left fan with rubber mounts as the clearance between the fan and the U9S is slightly less than zero!

HtDe1In.jpg
Side panel on!

I'm overall really impressed with the case, I'm a bit of a small form factor nutcase so getting something this good for this price is fantastic. I might end up using this for a full gaming system build at some point down the line, but for now it's going to sit on top of my server and hand out games!

Associate
I've gone for something a little different, I've got a Steam Cache that I've mostly thrown together with spare parts (and a billion Noctua fans that I've hoarded over the years). The cable management was great for a small form factor builds, the tie down points and velcro straps are brilliant!

jpPnV2K.jpg
Pile-o-parts

QdcrFDe.jpg
Main parts fitted and cable-managed

byceOYT.jpg
140mm fans fitted. I had to use spacers for the bracket screws and mount the left fan with rubber mounts as the clearance between the fan and the U9S is slightly less than zero!

HtDe1In.jpg
Side panel on!

I'm overall really impressed with the case, I'm a bit of a small form factor nutcase so getting something this good for this price is fantastic. I might end up using this for a full gaming system build at some point down the line, but for now it's going to sit on top of my server and hand out games!

So are you using the intergrated graphics?

Soldato
OP
Aaaaw crap, I just picked up my 5 value pack of arctic p12s, well well...Is it really THAT tight or can you bodge it in somehow togheter with the Nitro+ 5700xt?

I could get the bottom on the case, but the fans were touching the GPU. The moment I hit the power button, the GPU fans made a horrible grinding sound.

Associate
So are you using the intergrated graphics?

Aye, It's just sitting on my network not plugged into a monitor most of the time anyway so there wasn't much point it putting a GPU in. As I said, I'll probably use it for a gaming system at some point but for now it's doing its job nice and quiet like!

Associate
Just finished my build here. Moved from Dan a4 to this. Running 3700X with rtx 2080. Look how huge this case is compared with Dan!!! I'm still waiting for my NH U12a to arrive, so right now I'm using the asetek 645lt. I haven't done any cable management yet as i'm waiting for the cooler and i plan to order some custom cables.
gxesjoi.jpg
3aB2S5R.jpg
2YhsPj5.jpg
Will an NH-U12a fit? That cooler is 158mm in height, and the case spec says a max cooler height of 155mm? I realise only 3 mm in it, but be interesting to hear if it does fit. If it does it will be so much better than the Asetek. The Asetek is really not a very effective cooler and has no decent thermal mass. Looking at your photos the case is a little large for me, but great to see main brands doing a decent ITX SFF implementation at a sensible price.

Soldato
Just spotted that mine has damage on the top of the front panel, didn't notice it last night as took the panels off to start building. Looks like its lightly scratched and wont come out of the white paint. Gutted

Back
Top Bottom