Rouge Company

Associate
I've been playing the beta of this and it reminds me of a cross between C's go, gears of war with a little bit of siege and Apex thrown in.

It's nothing groundbreaking but I really like it. The question is does it have the longevity...... Hi res don't exactly have a stellar record in that regard.

Associate
OP
I've been playing the beta of this and it reminds me of a cross between C's go, gears of war with a little bit of siege and Apex thrown in.

It's nothing groundbreaking but I really like it. The question is does it have the longevity...... Hi res don't exactly have a stellar record in that regard.

plays smooth, lets see if it takes off first :) we actually landed in a game with a legit FAZE clan member last night he was streaming on his twitch at the time. We lost 3 - 0 :)

Man of Honour
I saw this on Dr Disrespect's stream, and I've got to admit the first thing that drifted in to my eye line was the pleasantly contoured body of a female player model on screen :D Thankfully they cover up... I can imagine it being quite distracting otherwise :eek:

After looking a bit further at the actual game, the devs have clearly gone to a lot of effort to get it in to a polished state from the start, to my eye especially the shadow effects, but I'm always a sucker for those. Not to say all it takes is glossy graphics to make a successful game, we've seen many attempts at that in the past and I think it's fair to say that we all now know it's impossible to use graphics to conceal bad gameplay. As mentioned above, it's obviously taken inspiration from CSGO and Apex (a good thing), but more importantly now has the potential to take advantage of the fact that those games have acted as a primer, preparing the player base for games like this to experiment with subtly yet significantly varying shades of what is, in reality, one genre. It highlights that - despite the fact that the games that make up the cream of the crop absolutely dominate playtime statistics - creative and talented devs are willing to take risks with games that are fundamentally similar in play style, but differ in overall tone. It might seem like a small game now on the face of it but all the big, high brow games started this way, and I feel it has laid down a solid foundation to build on.

On an industry level, it's hard to miss the arguments going on that this sort of game design is getting dry, and that each new release should essentially wipe the slate clean, cleansing all previous ideas, but I enjoy the layering approach. If they don't pad it out with lashings of microtransactions, this could be a real beauty.

Associate
OP
I saw this on Dr Disrespect's stream, and I've got to admit the first thing that drifted in to my eye line was the pleasantly contoured body of a female player model on screen :D Thankfully they cover up... I can imagine it being quite distracting otherwise :eek:

After looking a bit further at the actual game, the devs have clearly gone to a lot of effort to get it in to a polished state from the start, to my eye especially the shadow effects, but I'm always a sucker for those. Not to say all it takes is glossy graphics to make a successful game, we've seen many attempts at that in the past and I think it's fair to say that we all now know it's impossible to use graphics to conceal bad gameplay. As mentioned above, it's obviously taken inspiration from CSGO and Apex (a good thing), but more importantly now has the potential to take advantage of the fact that those games have acted as a primer, preparing the player base for games like this to experiment with subtly yet significantly varying shades of what is, in reality, one genre. It highlights that - despite the fact that the games that make up the cream of the crop absolutely dominate playtime statistics - creative and talented devs are willing to take risks with games that are fundamentally similar in play style, but differ in overall tone. It might seem like a small game now on the face of it but all the big, high brow games started this way, and I feel it has laid down a solid foundation to build on.

On an industry level, it's hard to miss the arguments going on that this sort of game design is getting dry, and that each new release should essentially wipe the slate clean, cleansing all previous ideas, but I enjoy the layering approach. If they don't pad it out with lashings of microtransactions, this could be a real beauty.
Yeah great game! I seen doc was streaming it on youtube last night. Looks like these streamers will get paid promotion soon then lol

Associate

I agree with literally everything you have posted. Let's hope they don't riddle it with micro transactions and ruin a potentially fantastic game. Unfortunately I think this will happen though, before you know it there will be battle passes (I don't mind these as they are generally decent value), glider/weapon/ character skins, the free fall smoke animations and the list goes on.

Time will tell, open to have some games if anyone is interested.

Associate
OP
I agree with literally everything you have posted. Let's hope they don't riddle it with micro transactions and ruin a potentially fantastic game. Unfortunately I think this will happen though, before you know it there will be battle passes (I don't mind these as they are generally decent value), glider/weapon/ character skins, the free fall smoke animations and the list goes on.

Time will tell, open to have some games if anyone is interested.

They will riddle it with micro transactions 100% it will be a free game I believe?!? every free game is full of micro transactions which change daily

Associate
They will riddle it with micro transactions 100% it will be a free game I believe?!? every free game is full of micro transactions which change daily

Yes it's going to be FTP once it's fully released. Genuinely having fun with it at the moment so we will have to see.

I will compliment the developers and say for a launch title it has a decent and varied map pool and amount of playable characters.

Associate
OP
Yes it's going to be FTP once it's fully released. Genuinely having fun with it at the moment so we will have to see.

I will compliment the developers and say for a launch title it has a decent and varied map pool and amount of playable characters.
Its something different and it just works well. I don't usually like 3rd person shooters but don't actually mind this game.

Associate
o1izVXke_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom