Tenet (2020) - Christoper Nolan

Soldato
people always say that but if people can afford something they will buy it.

I frequent a forum dedicated to piracy and most peoples attitudes towards pirating stuff on there has a changed a lot over the last 20 years.

why subscribe to netflix? how do they have a single customer? you can pirate everything as soon as it gets put on there.
oddly people still pay

I thought cinemas pay per seat occupied, so for the opening week, they pay a fee of x to the producer for each bum on a seat, and then after the first week they pay a smaller amount y per seat occupied, rather than paying directly to 'rent' a film to show.
Might be wrong, but it certainly used to work this way, so obviously fuller cinemas at a delayed release will make more money.

Man of Honour
Now expected to be released in 70 countries, including the UK, on August 26th

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-1304528?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

With the big chains opening their doors at the end of this month, it'll be interesting to see how many feel safe enough to go and watch this. Hopefully we don't get another spike in cases between now and the end of August as spoilers for this are going to be everywhere.

Soldato
OP
@explicit4u I went to the cinema twice last week as showcase are showing lots of old movies at £5 a ticket. (Aliens and Jurassic Park) The screen itself is limited to two seats together, two seats empty. There was a one way system in place so when you left you didn't go past anyone on the way in.

Food/drink could be ordered before you went and it was pick up only as well as screens setup in from of concessions and ticket desk.

Based on that experience I'm more than happy to see this when it's out, as long as the cinema observe the same distancing I saw last week.

Soldato
Now expected to be released in 70 countries, including the UK, on August 26th

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-1304528?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

With the big chains opening their doors at the end of this month, it'll be interesting to see how many feel safe enough to go and watch this. Hopefully we don't get another spike in cases between now and the end of August as spoilers for this are going to be everywhere.

That's good, at least the release hasn't been postponed indefinitely. I've been looking forward to Tenet for ages so hopefully it doesn't slip again! This is one I definitely want the full IMAX experience for so I'm more than happy to see it in the cinema.

Soldato
OP
No nearby Imax unless I go into Birmingham but it's an already 2.5 hour movie and that adds another hour or more on with travel time.

We have Odeon in Coventry but higher prices than Showcase and more run down. I'm hoping Showcase has them up soon as I love the leather recliners.

Soldato
Potentially looking at this to be my return to Cinema - despite Cineworld claiming social distancing, they aren't doing staggered seating, so you can literally have someone in the seats directly behind you.
Add in the fact their social media threads are full of people saying how they will "get around" the facemask requirements and "nobody is enforcing me to wear one".....

So booked for the first Saturday at some ungodly early hour in the very back row - only way I can feel relatively safe in there :-/

Soldato
In Nottingham I much prefer the X-Plus screen in the Showcase for the leather recliners and full Dolby Atmos, which is far superior to the normal seats and normal DTS in the Odeon IMAX (Which to be fair, though slightly larger than the X-Plus is about the smallest IMAX screen there is)

Soldato
OP
Just got my Showcase email, taking bookings now.

I really want to watch this at a weekend but I just know the likes of Youtube is going to be littered with spoilers in video titles a day after this comes out, might be a Wednesday viewing on my jack jones.

Caporegime
Yeah I'm off to see it on Wednesday evening with my wife.

Usually i'd make the trip to London to the BFI Imax to watch on a weekend and make a day of it, but in Covid-19 times it seems a bit pointless when my local cinema is less than a 5 min drive from my house.

Soldato
I might go to London for this. I've only been to Leciester Square IMAX early on weekdays and it's usually dead. Even on the opening day of Avengers Infinity War it was near enough empty.

Soldato
Booked IMAX for the Wednesday release. Can't wait. Inception tonight on the re-release as didn't see it on IMAX first time round should wet my whistle.

Soldato
Wearing a mask for 3hours? Is this what will be required?
Yep. It's a pretty a stupid rule. You can go to a bar / restaurant not wearing a mask and have interaction with the waiter, have people walking around and talking, yet you can't sit in silence for 3 hours in a cinema not facing anyone without a mask on

I don't think anyone is going to be taking this one too seriously and cinemas aren't going to enforce it other than if you walk in the entrance without one on

Back
Top Bottom