New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Soldato
It is the same panel as the LG 27GL850-B which is a great monitor, the other implementations of this panel have all been decent (Viewsonic and Lenovo) so it is likely to be similar. The advantage is the price and features, it has all the connections you need, plus a decent stand and a good warranty for £331. I think it is a bargain personally (this is having bought the LG for £359 which I also think is a great price).

Associate
Mine says arriving on Tuesday, must admit I did kind of get my hopes up it would have been next day after seeing a few posts on here! Ah well, not too much longer to wait. Just want to get my hands on it haha

Soldato
Mine says arriving on Tuesday, must admit I did kind of get my hopes up it would have been next day after seeing a few posts on here! Ah well, not too much longer to wait. Just want to get my hands on it haha

Same, mine still says ETA Monday 17/8

Tracking shows it's been sat in Lutterworth hub since yesterday 2:50pm lazy swines, could've got it out to me today! ;)

Soldato
Mine arrived just now, UPS, no contact before hand. :)

Thanks, might happen then as it has changed to show

14/08/20 08:42 BPO - MIDDLETON ORDER ON DELIVERY.

Not sure what BPO means but as long as they "handle with care" I'll be happy.

I have had several Dell monitors and have always been overall happy with what I have got. Their advance replacement, only used once, worked great.
Even tho I find buying a replacement monitor to be one of my least enjoyable experiences when buying new hardware, dealing with Dell has never been an issue.

Soldato
I wonder if anyone has had a delivery come on Saturday? It sure would be nice instead of waiting until Monday

Just this minute received a text from DHL saying they have my shipment and will be delivering Monday! (thought it was going to be UPS) So I guess Syncreon just pass it on to them...

They've also given me a DHL tracking link to follow now instead lol - not bad I guess considering I ordered Wednesday night and the original ETA was 28/8.

Soldato
Just this minute received a text from DHL saying they have my shipment and will be delivering Monday! (thought it was going to be UPS) So I guess Syncreon just pass it on to them...

They've also given me a DHL tracking link to follow now instead lol - not bad I guess considering I ordered Wednesday night and the original ETA was 28/8.
Same here by DHL Monday :) very happy with that.

Soldato
Had mine a while, the only negative thing i'd say is the viewing angles are a bit rubbish for an IPS. I sit a bit too close probably but I find the edges of the screen to be not great particularly scroll bars and such.

Permabanned
Cant fault mine, been playing Apex Legends great, tried that new marvel game beta(games pants but monitor great), Path of Exile great, been working on it all day(dev work) all good.

Viewing angles seems ok to me, I am sat fairly central about 90cm-100cm away.

Doesnt seem to be much backlight bleed either.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Associate
Soldato
Mine turned up yesterday.
It is improved over that of my 8 years old Benq.
It is comparable to my 25" 1440p Dell, it will replace my Benq as my primary in a two monitor set-up.
I got the driver installed on Windows, undecided about the visuals for Windows and HDR.
If anything it has shown how good the 25" U2518D is, in terms of a static image.
Games still to try.

Overall it seems to be a capable monitor, although I do prefer the bottom of screen button controls on the 25"Dell to the clunky jog control on the back.

Has anyone found a manual for this monitor...?

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom