• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 Owners Thread.

Soldato
I had a lot of crashes with this card, then I did a clean re-install.....was fine for a while...
crashed a few times out of the blue after a windows update, installed the latest drivers and now it's crashed 3 times during my stream tonight

any ideas? I need this to run

What drivers?

I am on 20.4.2 WHQL and they have been ok.

Only crashes i get is if i try to overclock or flash bios to XT.

Never really clocked GPU's before so unsure if it's the card, or me being useless. :confused::D

Soldato
mine was doing all sorts of wierd stuff with the ultimate freesync engine turned on with my cheapo samsung monitor, it started working good after i went in my monitor settings and turned it to the standard freesync engine.

im running 20.4.2 drivers.

Soldato
Quick update on my quest to get more out of this GPU.

Read a post from Dicehunter about adding a bit more volts to system RAM to make his card stable, so thought i would try the same. (1.35v - 1.36v)

It worked. Now back to a flashed 5700XT bios and seems to be stable in benchmarks and games. (WHQL driver)

Associate

Read a post from Dicehunter about adding a bit more volts to system RAM to make his card stable, so thought i would try the same. (1.35v - 1.36v)

It worked. Now back to a flashed 5700XT bios and seems to be stable in benchmarks and games. (WHQL driver)

Are you referring to RAM found on the mobo ie DDR3/DDR4 voltage when you mention system RAM?

If that is the case that is quite interesting way of fixing the issue.

Soldato
Are you referring to RAM found on the mobo ie DDR3/DDR4 voltage when you mention system RAM?

Yes, my DDR4.

My system has been stable for ages barring trying to overclock/flash this GPU.

Read the post from Dicehunter who was having similar crashes and black screens but with a different GPU and he mentioned upping the DRAM volts a notch helped him, so thought i may as well try the same. Glad i did. :)

Big thank you to @Dicehunter. :)

Soldato

No worries, Glad it helped someone, Odd though as you are on an Asrock board as it's mainly an Asus issue to do with their latest AMD bios :confused:

In regards to upping DRAM voltage, Asus kind of messed up their last few bioses on the AMD side so 1.35v would continually droop down to 1.33-34 causing instability, Quite annoying to say the least.

Last edited:
Soldato
No worries, Glad it helped someone, Odd though as you are on an Asrock board as it's mainly an Asus issue to do with their latest AMD bios :confused:

In regards to upping DRAM voltage, Asus kind of messed up their last few bioses on the AMD side so 1.35v would continually droop down to 1.33-34 causing instability, Quite annoying to say the least.

Didn't know what else to try to make this GPU work better. No matter what i tried it just would not be stable in games but fine in benchmarks. I didn't even have the drop in volts like you have, but thought it was worth a shot any way. :)

On a side note, i did try to add another 16GB of RAM and it also would not work. All sticks worked in all slots and the new RAM worked on its own, but no matter what i tried (volts and timings) 4 sticks just would not work. Makes me think the motherboard has a slight fault maybe, but it will do me for now. New Ryzen upgrade may occur next year any way. ;)

Associate
Does anyone here have the 5700 ITX card, and have they attempted flashing the BIOS to one for a 5700XT? Would the differences in form factor etc. make this unwise or unfeasible, or is a 5700 a 5700 for this purpose?

Back
Top Bottom