How much are you paying for your internet

Soldato
I see some people are saying they are getting cash back how are you getting cash back? I'm moving in a couple of weeks so I want to get a good deal FTTP.

Plusnet and BT regularly advertise cashback directly on their websites. If not, TopCashBack is your best bet.

Associate
About £22.45 a month with TT with 55/17 FTTC. got £105 cashback with top Cashback plus another £110 credit to match A Vodafone deal with free Sonos speaker they was doing some months ago.

Associate
Too much.

£50 for 200mbit including a phone package from VM.

Unfortunately every other ISP does not get speeds anywhere near Virgin Media.

Associate
Here is mine, i have a telephone package from zen as well as line rental from them as well as 80/20 fttc service.

zen.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
How long have you all been VM subscribers for? I know they had good deals for new customers but been stuck with them for 3-4 years now. If I were to leave them, the cooling off period is supposedly 6 months before I am considered a new customer. Sucks how loyal customers aren't treated with any reward except price hikes.

Associate
How long have you all been VM subscribers for? I know they had good deals for new customers but been stuck with them for 3-4 years now. If I were to leave them, the cooling off period is supposedly 6 months before I am considered a new customer. Sucks how loyal customers aren't treated with any reward except price hikes.
As many people have mentioned in the VM thread, unfortunately the typical way to get a good deal is to give your 30days notice and wait for a retentions call. When you call up to cancel, the agent will only be able to offer specific bundle upgrades at slightly discounted rates but the retentions agent will offer significant discounts.

Associate
As many people have mentioned in the VM thread, unfortunately the typical way to get a good deal is to give your 30days notice and wait for a retentions call. When you call up to cancel, the agent will only be able to offer specific bundle upgrades at slightly discounted rates but the retentions agent will offer significant discounts.
Can this happen during any period of the contract?

Soldato
Currently paying £52.49 for BT FTTC.

Recently threatened to leave and they offered me a discount of + £1 for Fibre 2 :o

Last phone call with them today and then I'll probably move to Sky.

Whaa? My in laws were paying £54pm for the plain 80/20 package and I was shocked... Rang up BT for them intending to get around £30-35pm as they use the higher speed, but they also have crap to non-existent wifi at back of the house and garden so was thinking about the new WiFi disc system. It's a rather large house and garden, with BT master socket at front of house...

Ended up getting a deal for £44.99pm on BT Fibre 2 with Halo (same 80/20 profile) for 24 months - but she chucked in the new Smart Hub 2 and WiFi Disc as well to replace their older hub. So in effect paying the £10pm for the WiFi disc. Otherwise she said could've had Fibre 2 for £34.99pm without the disc.

I installed it last week and was very surprised how easy it was to setup and the performance from it. Setup the new SH2 and then situated the wifi disc to their conservatory and now the whole house and garden has full wifi coverage (garden corners lose a bar) but still achieve 76/18 on speed tests everywhere. So the in laws and 2 kids are very happy now.

Back
Top Bottom