• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
X570 don't really need replacing though, B550 was a big upgrade over B450 in terms of Vrm and feature sets but where do they go with X670 as X570 is already pretty well stacked?.

X670 would likely have a proper implementation for the chipset, maybe with lower power requirements, and a tweaked design to allow passive cooling.

Caporegime
X570 don't really need replacing though, B550 was a big upgrade over B450 in terms of Vrm and feature sets but where do they go with X670 as X570 is already pretty well stacked?.

i think it will be more a case of business. all the trimmings with the fan possibly removed.

Caporegime
My plan is to get a 4950x 32gb memory, 1tb m.2 drive and a nvidia 3060 card and keep the am4 platform for a very long time with the occasional gpu upgrade. I would very suprised if games get so demanding that it requires ddr5 and am5 in the next 5-10 years.

If it's for gaming you don't need 32GB if ram and you don't need a 4950x either.

What you do need is a decent gpu.

I'd much rather go for a 4600x and 16gb ram and get a 3070 for gaming.

Soldato
I don't think the issue is the fan noise but more so if it fails a couple of years down the line then either cooks the chipset or leaves you having to Jerry rig something up as there is no replacement parts available.

Caporegime
I don't think the issue is the fan noise but more so if it fails a couple of years down the line then either cooks the chipset or leaves you having to Jerry rig something up as there is no replacement parts available.
I've already had an ASUS motherboard fail in this way, so generally I want to avoid chipset fans. They tend to be small, high-RPM things.

Generally even if you can't hear them that still means high wear and tear.

Soldato

This assumes it needs to run, mine as yet, runs on startup and at no other time.
Even stress testing, I assume due to air delivery in my chassis.

Soldato
2 nvme drives on board currently.
Gen 3 so gen 4 might make a difference.
I don't hear the fan on startup, I gad to shine a torch to co firm it us functioning.
So i doubt it'll die from lack of use, the heatsinks seem to do the trick along with case airflow

Caporegime
The pomposity of that statement is staggering.
Pompous: "Affectedly grand or self-important".

Because I said, "I'll make my own mind up about what matters to me and what doesn't, thanks."

Interesting conclusion. But if it's all the same to you, I'm not going to sit here and let others decide what is important to me :p I rather think that's my concern and my concern only :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom