Anyone have a Hot Tub?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hot Spring World have agreed to swap my hot tub for a new one, so I'm happy with that result. The after sales is one of the reasons I went with them and they have come through.

Soldato
We were just given £500 of ours due to delays. New orders of vitaspa tubs won't be delivered until next year now due to the delay in manufacture because of the covid shut down. There's also a shortage of acrylic due to it being diverted for shields in shop and restaurants apparently.

Last edited:
Soldato
We had £500 off ours, a full on care kit (no need to buy chems for the next 12 months), steps and the cover thrown in as well (£400).
It even arrived 9 weeks early (Suspect someone with same spec cancelled).
All from Happy Hottubs. No pressure selling either to the point that they said the optional speaker system was pointless.

Man of Honour
Changed the water and cleaned the tub. Getting a lot better at it. However, the water just won’t settle this time - I have a high ph and a low alkalinity with both moving in opposite directions. Not a great start to water that I was hoping would last through the winter to April.

Associate
Changed the water and cleaned the tub. Getting a lot better at it. However, the water just won’t settle this time - I have a high ph and a low alkalinity with both moving in opposite directions. Not a great start to water that I was hoping would last through the winter to April.
What chemicals are you using to try and balance it?

What are you using to measure the ph, chlorine and alkalinity levels?

Man of Honour
What chemicals are you using to try and balance it?

What are you using to measure the ph, chlorine and alkalinity levels?

Ph minus at the moment since the alkalinity was originally fine and the ph alkaline. Our water is really hard.

At the start we always add this and it has always put the water in the right window -

140g pH minus
110ml anti-scale
6-8g chlorine

Use test strips to measure.

Edit: tested again and seems ok now. pH a fraction high, but I generally find that goes down slightly anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
We've been using ours a lot as well.

For info and anyone interested we tried the Eco3spa treatment recommended in this thread and it didn't work for us at all. We ended up draining and refilling it three times trying to get it right and the company even sent an extra bottle of cleaner. Like a lot of the rainforest reviews our hottub was going cloudy over about a week each time and even caused hottub rash. Added chlorine to it and within a day it cleared. Won't be trying it again.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
We've been using ours a lot as well.

For info and anyone interested we tried the Eco3spa treatment recommended in this thread and it didn't work for us at all. We ended up draining and refilling it three times trying to get it right and the company even sent an extra bottle of cleaner. Like a lot of the rainforest reviews our hottub was going cloudy over about a week each time and even caused hottub rash. Added chlorine to it and within a day it cleared. Won't be trying it again.

Chlorine + a weekly dose of non-chlorine shock, is very straight forward.

Soldato
Chlorine + a weekly dose of non-chlorine shock, is very straight forward.

Yeah I'm getting there. Been using multifunction chlorine tabs from the swimming pool as they have flocculant in them too. The PH was a little low yesterday so added some PH+ last night and every so often some anti foam agent. Appreciate any advice though.

Back
Top Bottom