Hollow Knight

Associate
This post can only start in a very particular tone! Unfortunately that is likely a tone of rage, dispair and self doubt..

I vaguely remember a time no too long ago when I had dreams and personal goals.

Now I only dream of defeating the Soul Master!!

Anyone else been an the very front of this struggle bus for hours/days on end?

Caporegime
Oh, yes. Those were some memories. It took me all night just to get past Hornet! I still haven't managed to kill all the bosses yet but I haven't played for ages. Will have another go before the new one comes out.

Associate
OP
Oh, yes. Those were some memories. It took me all night just to get past Hornet! I still haven't managed to kill all the bosses yet but I haven't played for ages. Will have another go before the new one comes out.

The new one??

How on earth can these devs legally be allowed to make another one!?! :p

Soldato
What, this game has only got 10 posts. I just completed this game and OMG so much fun. Easy start to kinda hard middle, but once you get stronger things become much easier. Having fun collecting all the charms and exploring the map fully. Things can be tricky at times but with correct charms usage every obstacle can be completed.

This game deserves more posts, get it people, well worth the low price. The game is at least 20h long for first playthrough.

Caporegime
I just cant get past hornet ... I've given up. :-/
This game is ridiculously hard. You have to fight her again later and she's even quicker and more OP than before. And she makes stupid noises and yells at you whilst she's beating your ass down. I hate it. I hate her. I hate her stupid battle cries.

But she's apparently one of the easier bosses in the game, and the later ones (I haven't got there, I gave up) are even more ridiculous than she is, allegedly.

After Hornet 2 I gave up because I still couldn't beat Soul Master or the Watcher Knights. For the record, it took me over a hundred attempts to beat Hornet 2, and finally either the game took pity on me or I got lucky. Was close to tears, no joke.

Hollow Knight is one of the toughest games I've played, and it broke me.

What, this game has only got 10 posts. I just completed this game and OMG so much fun. Easy start to kinda hard middle, but once you get stronger things become much easier. Having fun collecting all the charms and exploring the map fully. Things can be tricky at times but with correct charms usage every obstacle can be completed.

This game deserves more posts, get it people, well worth the low price. The game is at least 20h long for first playthrough.
This is lies! The game does not get easier. It goes from easy (first 30 mins only) to hard to grinding you into the dirt. And it stays in grinding bones mode until it breaks you utterly.

It. Does. Not. Get. Easier!!!

Associate
OP
This game is ridiculously hard. You have to fight her again later and she's even quicker and more OP than before. And she makes stupid noises and yells at you whilst she's beating your ass down. I hate it. I hate her. I hate her stupid battle cries.

But she's apparently one of the easier bosses in the game, and the later ones (I haven't got there, I gave up) are even more ridiculous than she is, allegedly.

After Hornet 2 I gave up because I still couldn't beat Soul Master or the Watcher Knights. For the record, it took me over a hundred attempts to beat Hornet 2, and finally either the game took pity on me or I got lucky. Was close to tears, no joke.

Hollow Knight is one of the toughest games I've played, and it broke me.

This is lies! The game does not get easier. It goes from easy (first 30 mins only) to hard to grinding you into the dirt. And it stays in grinding bones mode until it breaks you utterly.

It. Does. Not. Get. Easier!!!

I forgot I even created this post!

I gave up on it and vowed never ever to play it again!

Caporegime
I forgot I even created this post!

I gave up on it and vowed never ever to play it again!
Yeah, I've got so many games waiting to be played that sinking hours into repeating the same boss fight over and over and over is not really on my "to do" list. Hollow Knight is good, but a game I doubt I'll ever complete. For some of us it's just way too hard.

These days I prefer games I can beat without "gitting gud", because "gitting gud" is a total waste of time. Not that such games shouldn't exist for those that want it, of course. But if something gets hard for me I'm just going to move on. I want my gaming to be a fun distraction; an amusement, not a test of skill, patience, or muscle memory. Just a fun diversion, that's all I want.

Associate
OP
Yeah, I've got so many games waiting to be played that sinking hours into repeating the same boss fight over and over and over is not really on my "to do" list. Hollow Knight is good, but a game I doubt I'll ever complete. For some of us it's just way too hard.

These days I prefer games I can beat without "gitting gud", because "gitting gud" is a total waste of time. Not that such games shouldn't exist for those that want it, of course. But if something gets hard for me I'm just going to move on. I want my gaming to be a fun distraction; an amusement, not a test of skill, patience, or muscle memory. Just a fun diversion, that's all I want.

Very wise words FoxEye!

I can't say that I don't feel dissapointment when games like these kick my ass.. but I don't beat a dead horse!

I'll move on to something else.

I'm currently playing Unbound: Worlds Apart which is also a sidescroller/platformer.. However, the boss fights are very easy in comparison but the actual platforming is where it gets interesting and tricky!

It's addictive though..

Soldato
Was a fun game with great art and exploration but I got burned out on it near the end when I defeated the hardest dream bosses.

Wasn't really that hard (some bosses were more challenging and annoying like the Watcher Knights) the only thing I think is ridiculously hard is full completion with pantheons etc. That is damn tough and I'm not insane enough to waste my time with it:p

Soldato
my problem with this game is that the save points are too far away and makes it artificially hard.
Oh i have to go through all those rooms again just to have another go at learning the boss patterns - pass.

Associate
OP
my problem with this game is that the save points are too far away and makes it artificially hard.
Oh i have to go through all those rooms again just to have another go at learning the boss patterns - pass.

As FoxEye said, it's a "git gud" game which need to be mastered and memorized!

It was fun in the beginning, but I'm 40 years old, married with a kid and fortunately.. or unfortunately, depending on the angle, I have nothing to prove to myself in regards to gaming!

As a matter of fact, I'd much sooner pull my own hair out from frustration!

Gaming needs to be about enjoyment and escape, where as the frustration of Hollow Knight was at times the one thing I wanted to escape from!

Back
Top Bottom