F1 TV Pro

Caporegime
F1 is back on now, I used the Ch4 feed for the first race but need another option for the coming weekend.
Any hints ?
Now TV? A monthly pass makes good value considering how many back to back races there are.

Know someone with Sky TV and Sports? Borrow their Sky Go login?

Commissario
Now TV? A monthly pass makes good value considering how many back to back races there are.
Isn't that quite expensive?
I've been with Sky for more years than I care to remember, certainly more than twenty and I used to have the F1 channel as part of the HD package. Then I fell on hard times and had to reduce my subscription so I removed the HD channels for a few months. When I re-added them, F1 was no longer part of the deal.

I only have the basic family HD package and to add F1 would be an extra tenner a month. I can't see anything similar or cheaper via NowTV.

It just irks me that I had F1 and then I effectively lost it.

Associate
Got rid of Virgin since last season. Gone back to freeview with an old humax box. C4 is good enough for me. If you dont have the sky subscription, you can get a day pass from now TV. But it's £10 a day. Too steep for me.

Caporegime
I'm using F1TV over here to watch the races. F1 is still free to air in Germany but it's full of ads and there's no coverage of the practice sessions or support races and I find English commentary far easier to follow so I figured I'd give it a shot. The quality is pretty awful for a paid streaming product. The service is unreliable (I'd have missed the first fifteen minutes of the Austrian GP if I'd not been able to watch it free-to-air, and the build-up show for both races has completely failed to air), the quality is worse than the free-to-air stuff, the App and website streaming services are poorly thought out and sorely lacking features (seriously, you can't even pause!), and they haven't even bothered with a SmartTV app yet so I have to hook up the laptop with a HDMI cable to watch it.

You're not missing much not being able to get it in the UK, frankly.

Soldato
I'm using F1 TV Pro just borrow a friend's card. The problem is you still a VPN as none of sessions will work for me unless I use a german VPN. That's not supposed to be the case, as it stops people watching when on holiday, but it's certainly what is happening for me.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I'm using Surfshark VPN connected to Canada. Can't subscribe to F1 TV Pro for some reason?

It is possible but you have to subscribe in app / App Store. That way payment details aren’t sent to F1.

I’ve been subscribed for the past couple of months now which has been handy when sky has messed up (was via virgin media).

Soldato
Now TV, the Premier League season pass is always good value. £20 a month. This year you got a 2 month extension as well which helped cover more races. £3 a month for the Boost Pass which takes it to 1080p and 50fps and allows 3 streamers at once.

The 20/21 season offer should be coming out soon.

Can share the account with someone as well to split the cost.

Soldato
I quite enjoy the channel 4 coverage, even with just the highlights. All the boring bits of the race get cut out :p

I have and will never pay for Sky + Sky F1. The cost is ridiculous, especially as I watch literally nothing else on live TV. Every dealing I've had with Sky (Broadband, Mobile etc) they have tried to screw me over one way or another. I can't believe people blow £80+ a month on Sky TV.

I tried Now TV for a day pass for the first race of the season and had a few mates over, so we split the cost. However I was shocked when I found out that if you want full HD it's an extra £3, making it £13 for the day! I then found out the app wasn't available on my smart TV nor my nVidia shield. The app for Xbox One also didn't work and wouldn't let me sign in, so I had to faff around connecting my laptop via HDMI to the TV. The stream was ok, but every 5-10 minutes it froze for 3 seconds or so before continuing. I know it's not my connection as it's 100meg.

Overall a pretty terrible experience. Would not recommend. If there isn't another way to watch it reliably after Channel 4 lose their rights I doubt I'll continue watching. Shame.

Caporegime
I'd now choose the C4 over sky.
Like the above. It cuts out the boring bits.

Also
I don't even have a TV licence

He cost if f1 would be ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom