Has anyone else not had the 2004 update yet ?

Associate
Finally got it installed on a HP N40L. Wasn’t ideal as it is a headless system in the garage so I started the update on Thursday via RDP and only got around to bringing it indoors to power it off and back on again. I could have just restarted it in the garage, but I didn’t know how long I’d be waiting out there for it to update, or see what was happening. Didn’t take that long to update and a few minutes to clean up. I then shutdown, carried it back out to the garage and powered on and it was business as usual.

Soldato
People are saying 2004 is pretty broken and has problems with storage.

No issues here, I do have latest Windows updates for 2004 version via WU, using one SSD, one USB 3.0 external 1GB hard drive, eSATA 4GB HD, one internal 7200rpm 1GB HD , one USB 3.0 external 2GB HD, one external USB DVD drive and finally two internal DVD drives.
Also one external NEC USB floppy drive for old floppy stuff (ie floppy games from DOS days, I should really get them installed on USB lol):) .

Soldato
Rolled back to the previous version... Don't M$ test these things before pushing them out, they must have internal guinea pigs... or do they prefer to use us. :)

Can you imagine the different combinations of hardware that is out there? I imagine they thoroughly test it but there are bound to be issues with certain configurations.

I'm on 2004 and have nothing really to add. It seems fine here. No high CPU it just seems to work. I know there were rumors that Flight Sim 2020 required 2004 build (not sure how true that is) but it does just work. I'm on AMD Ryzen and x570 here. It did take a little while to filter down but it does seem to work fine.

M.

Soldato
My old 3570k desktop has been offered it through Windows updates and this PC has had a lot installed and uninstalled, older drivers etc but the laptop which is a HP on a Ryzen 5 Pro 2500U will not show the update as being available. Funny thing is the laptop is practically an out of box experience with nothing much changed about it and all the latest drivers, even a new BIOS yesterday. Must be one of the most botched rollouts from MS yet.

Man of Honour
Sadly one of the consequences of career programmers - none of the pride in their work that self-taught/enthusiasts have for coding.

Soldato
I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop and it seems not to be offered the 2004 update because of "Conexant" sound driver "issues". This says "under investigation" and has done for a long time now, with no expected resolution date shown. Will the "Issues" ever be overcome I wonder??

What am I actually missing!? (apart from probably losing sound if I install it outside of windows update!).

Mel

Soldato
Both my PCs have had it but it took a while for the update to come through. My old Lenovo laptop still hasn't got it but it seems to be because of the Conexant issues.

Soldato
Both my PCs have had it but it took a while for the update to come through. My old Lenovo laptop still hasn't got it but it seems to be because of the Conexant issues.

The MS site says "still investigating" re the Conexant issue - so I don't expect to see this for my Lenovo yet!

Mel

Back
Top Bottom