Troy total war free

Soldato
Whats the issue? Do you wish you'd waited until November and had to pay for it?

Calm down. Every other Total War game has had multiplayer from day one for the last decade or so, I just naturally assumed this would. It's free today only so of course I am going to grab it, but I also told my American friend to grab it as well so we can play a campaign together as we have for the last 4 TW games. It's an annoyance not a deal breaker because it's free....of course we could go into the whole releasing games before they are finished, and releasing DLC before basic game features of previous games are included but hey, it's free for 24 hours so no issue right?

Associate
Calm down. Every other Total War game has had multiplayer from day one for the last decade or so, I just naturally assumed this would. It's free today only so of course I am going to grab it, but I also told my American friend to grab it as well so we can play a campaign together as we have for the last 4 TW games. It's an annoyance not a deal breaker because it's free....of course we could go into the whole releasing games before they are finished, and releasing DLC before basic game features of previous games are included but hey, it's free for 24 hours so no issue right?

Oh I see. You've made yourself look like a fool in front of your mate because of your assumption and that's what you're unhappy about.

Associate
Had a quick play around with the graphics settings - using the default Ultra setting @ 1440p I was getting 34fps average on the battle benchmark on a Vega 56, switching AA from 4x to FXAA and dropping shadows from Ultra -> High and I get a rock solid 60fps on the benchmark now. To my crappy eyes it doesn't look much different at all, if thats helpful for anyone.

Soldato
Bah, had this on my wishlist on epic and completely forgot about it. Would've been nice of them to email that it was available or something.

Oh well - sucks to be them. Will only wait until it's less than £10 on Steam instead now.

Soldato
Any total war veterans got some strategy tips? I thought I was getting the hang of it until my neighbours decided I was a nuisance and wiped me out in a few turns :/
It seems a lot harder than Rome2.

Associate
Bah, had this on my wishlist on epic and completely forgot about it. Would've been nice of them to email that it was available or something.

Oh well - sucks to be them. Will only wait until it's less than £10 on Steam instead now.

So instead of them getting nothing they get ten quid, am I missing something? :p Seems like a good deal from their side.

Associate

So instead of them getting nothing they get ten quid, am I missing something? :p Seems like a good deal from their side.

Soldato
First time playing a total war game. There seems to be a lot to get your head around at first, mix between civilasation and age of empires, but with more for the battles. Been playing with the advisor/guide and some things still don't feel explained to me.

I'm getting told I have a commandment for a city but no idea how to act on it.

Soldato
First time playing a total war game. There seems to be a lot to get your head around at first, mix between civilasation and age of empires, but with more for the battles. Been playing with the advisor/guide and some things still don't feel explained to me.

I'm getting told I have a commandment for a city but no idea how to act on it.

Select your province, bottom left hand corner of the screen should be a button. Next to the 'province details' on the left.

kdd

kdd

Soldato

I did get an email, it was how I remembered.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I quite like it, it has lovely graphics and the plot and gameplay are quite intuitive. Shogun 2 is still my favourite but this is interesting.

Soldato
Whats people verdict then on the game?

And second question... I have both this game and Warhammer 1&2... which is better?

It's probably not fair comparison as Warhammer 2 is massive compared to this game which is meant to be a smaller game.

Dunno if it's just me, but I find it off putting how often these games seems to come out. Presently you could say there are three current Total War games: Troy, Three Kingdoms and Warhammer2.

I find it over whelming.

---

Anyway, I'm downloading it and gonna give it a go.

Last edited:
Soldato
Creative Assembly are a... very productive studio. They're released at least one game every year for the past 25 years :p

Warhammer is more accessible than Troy. It's basically the "arcadey" Total War instalment, with very little micro-management to do. Troy is quite micro-heavy. So depends what you're looking for I guess.

Soldato

I'm sorry.... :p

Had a quick go on it, I am waiting for multiplayer to be added. Just not a single player gamer 99% of the time but wanted to see the changes. Seems very bright and colourful, had to change the UI scale to 180% on my 4k OLED as was a little too big. Noticed a couple of quirky AI decisions in campaign and battle but I enjoy the time period and mythology and while its lacking the main feature i'm after it seems pretty polished considering launch release. Can only improve by November when co-op will be added (I hope).

Caporegime
It feels like a mini release tbh. I like the setting but there seems to be no story after the opening cutscene. A few bugs too, for example if you conquer a territory that has a temple then you don't get the benefits from it. Bit weird how a lot of features of the game are now exclusive to certain heroes (like vassals) so it feels very stripped down if you're playing anyone else.

Diplomacy also feels buggy right now. For the first 10-15 turns nobody would even give me a non aggression pact, even the people that liked me. Then suddenly one turn I made about 18 vassals.

Soldato
My only whinge (for a free game) is diplomacy is a bit buggy. Turn after turn everyone expects me to send them stuff for nothing in return - on yer bike.......

Bar that - looks nice and plays like most other TW games - interesting its infantry heavy with little Cav units

Back
Top Bottom