Long way up

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Fingers crossed Borringman get captured by drug-lords and we never have to see his face on TV again....

Lol @ Harleys support crew must be half the design time :)

Associate
This totally made my day. Looks like a bit of an advert for EV's...but I'll take it!

Say what you like, but those two guys shifted a lot of 1200GS bikes!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
This totally made my day. Looks like a bit of an advert for EV's...but I'll take it!

Say what you like, but those two guys shifted a lot of 1200GS bikes!

Yeah and the world is worst for it. Anything boringmam says i will do the opposite. I cant understand why he is in the public eye. Unless its was a documentary about workers cleaning up city center toilets on a friday night. I cant stand him !!!!!!!!!!!

Man of Honour
Looking forward to this, loved the original and still re watch it every now and again. Have no interest in watching number two again as above ruined by mcgregors wife turning up but fingers crossed this will be more of the first.

Associate
Great - I hope they nail this one! As the popular opinion goes - series 1 was so good, a real adventure.

Series 2 was

a) too rushed - no time for any adventure, was more a script
b) his ex-misses being part of it. Whyyyyyyyyy?

Associate
ruined by too much hype and mcgregors missus insisting she come along too for parts of it.
b) his ex-misses being part of it. Whyyyyyyyyy?

Fortunately, not much chance of that (sorry, Daily Mail link, but the headline tells you all):

"Ewan McGregor is ordered to hand over half his Star Wars fortune, £5million family home and five of his beloved cars to production designer Eve Mavrakis"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ars-fortune-5million-family-home-ex-wife.html

Ouch! No wonder he needs to work again.

Soldato
Looks great. I vaguely recall watching the first one (or two?) years ago right? I'd love to travel through South America :o

PS: Has to be said every single time but can Richard Herring or Charlie Boorman not change their facial hair or something to at least try not to look like identical twins? lol...

Associate
Looks like Charlie’s struggling with his injuries, and where’s Claudio? Amazing the difference drone footage makes. First 3 down and not too bad.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just started and two episodes in I am thoroughly enjoying it. I like the idea of doing it on EVs with EV support vehicles. It's a great demonstration of capability (if they actually complete it - will have to finish the series).

Soldato
A few episodes behind but loving it so far, absolutely adored the Long Way Round.

Long Way Down was good but ruined by Ewan's wife having to tag along!

This is great, however feel it's a bit of a cop out to have a diesel Mercedes Sprinter and lo-loader carrying a massive diesel generator haha!

Soldato
I would prefer this if they had done the trip on normal bikes. The first three episodes got very tedious with the constant charging anxiety, usually resulting in shipping in a huge generator on a flat bed truck. Complete waste of time and only possible with their resources. There’s also no way they found suitable charging stations for the Rivians, with their huge battery size, so I suspect they used the generator a lot but they didn’t want to show it. This isn’t doing anything for EV credibility with the support vehicles they’re using to make it possible.

However, the last two episodes, which are more focused on the people and locations, have been much better. Enjoying it now!

Soldato
I kinda agree but it seems that genuinely they're not trying to sell the EV dream and rather show the reality of it. Ewan even joked in ep2-3 "here's another conversation about battery percentages and charging time" and we're getting less of that now.

I do think the American producer guy came off as a bit of a knob in the last couple of episodes. Very impatient, I've worked with people (in the TV industry) who are like that, very unhinged almost. The episode before last when they had broken down/run out of juice you could see his rage about to explode. Eek.

Back
Top Bottom