Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2020, Bareclona - Race 6/?

Rate the 2020 Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Vettel pit radio - And P7. Good work out there.

Vettel - Ok guys. I have nothing, absolutely nothing left in these tyres. I think it was the best, best call otherwise I think there was no chance to stay in fron tof this bunch. I have nothing left.

Pit - It was worth the risk. it paid off.

Vettel - How many laps was it on the soft?

Pits - 37. 37

Man of Honour
Albon radio - I honestly don't know what to do to manage the tyres better. I literally, cannot do anything, on entrys and exits, it just snaps all the time.

Pit - Ok, Understood Alex

Albon - And you know, we just need to look at it, because... there's no, I don't know really, don't know where to go faster.

Pit - Yeah understood.

Horner - We'll go through it in detail alex. Don't worry I think you had dirty air today which didn't do you any favors. Spent most of the most of the race in traffic there, so I think that did a bit of damage there too.

Pit - Vettel managed to do 37 laps on his set of softs at the end there.

Albon - Jeez, no way. Out tyres were gone after 7 laps.

Man of Honour
Holy ****ing ****, that was horrific.
I mean that’s got to hurt. Your bones basically taking the impact energy. Hats off to these guys, you’ve got to have a unique mentality - closer to what the F1 drivers of old used to have.

Just read - no serious injuries. But it's MotoGP, if it can be glued, taped, pinned and screwed back into place, they'll be on the bike next weekend.

Man of Honour
A ‘race’ weekend = follow the leader. Hamilton showed today why bottas has no chance - bottas can’t make strategy decisions (we often see Hamilton taking the lead) and can’t outbrake his competitors off the start either.

Just read - no serious injuries. But it's MotoGP, if it can be glued, taped, pinned and screwed back into place, they'll be on the bike next weekend.

Amazing really.

Caporegime
Pretty dull race. A bit of action through the field, a few questions about whether strategy would do something but nothing spectacular.

Max did brilliantly to split the Mercedes, but Bottas really should have been able to fight back against him. Lewis was imperious today, and great to seem him overruling the team's tyre choice. The gap from the leaders to Racing Point was horrifying to behold. There's basically 3 cars in the A series and the rest in a B series. Stroll impressed me once again; he's improved a lot since last season and is a genuine match for Pérez now. Vettel finally put together a half decent race and earned his seventh place - becoming second driver to 3000 points in the process, although with the change in point system that's a pretty meaningless stat. Sainz had a much-needed really solid race. Albon was absolute potato again, whilst Gasly delivered another great result putting that Alpha where it has no real business being. Nice to see Kimi having a bit of a better race to, even if could only manage 14th in the end. Utterly forgetable day for both Renault drivers.

Driver of the day for me has to be Lewis. He was just so much better than anyone else today.

Back
Top Bottom