Electrician pricing

Don
What sort of price would I be looking at do you think to have a sparky run a 30A spur to my workshop in my garden? I've never had any electrical work like that done before so really have no idea of even ballpark.
I've got the shop running off a 13A circuit at the moment which isn't enough for when I upgrade the spindle on my CNC.

Soldato
Just had an isolator and socket put into the garden for the hot tub. 25m run from the MCB in the house.
£270 and only took a few hours .

The other quote I had was £550.

Soldato
It'll depend on experience, availability, membership and host of other things. If you can, certainly dig your own trench for the SWA cable (unless you have a suitable above ground route for some NYY cable). The key here is not to pay a sparky to dig a hole. That's some expensive hole digging.

Soldato
Not enough information:

Is the workshop already wired with a consumer unit in there and you just need the sub-main upgrading? or is that to be included, if so what spec, how many lights and sockets?
What distance are is it, this will also have a bearing on the size of the cable as well as the amount needed.
Has the consumer unit in the house got a spare way, and is it one that you can still get breakers for? , plastic or metal? (Pics and we can ID it)
Is the route into the the existing consumer unit in the house straight forward, or is it likely to be a pain? (Pics again)
As per above posts, are you doing the trenching?

P.S. For a workshop you'd be better over doing the size of the cable rather than trying to save a few extra quid, in case of increased load in the future and it sounds like volt drop while starting your lathe is something that should be taken into account

Back
Top Bottom