"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The obvious question is, what if you can't fight, fighting is a skill and some people know exactly what they are doing. It's a mugs game it's like a pro boxer going up against a novice.

I've seen a boxer take 3 big guys out with 3 punches for example.

Soldato
To be perfectly fair, with the amount of morons carrying weapons these days, as much as I think it was a bitch move to take the side exit (LOL), it was probably smart.

Soldato
The obvious question is, what if you can't fight, fighting is a skill and some people know exactly what they are doing. It's a mugs game it's like a pro boxer going up against a novice.

I've seen a boxer take 3 big guys out with 3 punches for example.
There’s no shame in losing a fight if you have to defend yourself.

There is shame in giving it back to someone and then bailing out the side door. :p

Caporegime
Just LOL if you don't ask your adversary to take a comfortable seat while you do a one-man stage show of Macbeth and when you get to the "“I'll fight 'til from my bones my flesh be hacked!” line, suddenly leap up, pin him to the ground, and make animalistic love to him before telling him you're a lover not a fighter and why don't you both go for a coffee or maybe a drink sometime once all this craziness has passed and then you can move in together and get married, it'll be just like the movies.

NOOBS.

Soldato
...I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops.
...Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself...
...I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on

For the record, many people are exempt from the face mask requirement, and/or have a right to ask others to remove their own masks.

In England, the UK Government lists the following factors as legitimate circumstances not to wear a covering:
  • young children under the age of 11
  • not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
  • if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
  • if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
  • to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
  • to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
  • to eat or drink, but only if you need to
  • to take medication
  • if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering
Additionally, it includes situations where it is appropriate to remove your mask while in a location where their use is usually mandatory:
  • If asked to do so by shop staff for the purpose of age identification
  • If speaking with people who rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound. Some may ask you, either verbally or in writing, to remove a covering to help with communication

Also if you're going to be aggressive to someone, be prepared to back it up.

Man of Honour
As mentioned if you were going to be agressive then you have to be prepared to back it up. But having said that, if you then found yourself in that situation I'd have bought some fly spray before leaving. If he got physical outside then spray him in the eyes as a self defence (probably on doddy legal ground so that's probably not recommended tbh but if I felt threatened I'd probably do it).

EDIT: I realise I've said "probably" many times. So in real life I'd probably leave via the back entrance just like you. I think you did the right thing leaving quietly :)

My most enjoyable wins have been to simply ignore the guy or laugh. Pay them no attention. Ignore them. being ignored winds them up no end. A quick "I'm just not interested mate" will drive them nuts.

Last edited:

RxR

RxR

Soldato
You were right to avoid him. You could have killed him, quite unforseen to yourself, and had your days entangled in the detritus of his life.

Caporegime
You did the right thing. Next time however go via the 'cosmetics' section and grab some Lynx Africa. It'll take barnacles off battleships at twenty paces and leave any rum cad reeling like they've just been hit with mustard gas from the enemy's trench.

Soldato
You feel wound up because he out Alpha'd you.

JBP says if you show your teeth, often you don't have to use them. If you walked out the main entrance, he would have had an involuntary lobster reflex and backed off, never to bother people again. But now you bigged him up and you will forever remember taking the side exit.

Soldato
Can one reasonably infer that the yob in question has less to lose than you do? Yes. In fact, he may have nothing to lose whatsoever.

You made the right decision. Never mess with somebody who has less to lose than you do. It's a simple rule of thumb worth remembering.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
An alpha body and alpha mind rarely coincide. The OP never gave the meated fool the mere body self-aggrandizement he wanted. It's obvious the OP alphad the situation. Meatman ended up being a disappointed idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying more nothing, undated on the stage.

Soldato
OP
how did he get outside before you if you were ahead in the queue? :p

Cos he inserted himself in front of me when he came over shouting, I wasn't about to push him out of the way. TBH it was a completely ridiculous situation in hindsight as we each only had one item and as someone pointed out he could've been exempt from wearing a face mask,, so my comeback to his aggression was pretty lame which nearly landed me in trouble.

Just a little surprised so many people are prepared to go full mortal combat over a few cross words.

Soldato
All this alpha nonsense is idiotic.

You did what you had to do to get out of the situation without putting yourself at risk. The guy clearly has issues if he wants to fight over something so trivial and at the moment a lot of people are on edge (some of the US crimes stats recently are mad).

Anyone who has been taught how to fight or been in a fight knows violence should be the last resort. The consequences of a petty car park punch up could change his or your life forever, only takes a bad fall to seriously screw someone up.

Soldato
I’ve posted this before but I’ll post it again - my father told me years ago when I first started going to pubs and clubs ‘never tell someone to **** off unless you’re prepared to take your hands out of your pockets and make them’

that was your failing here. I imagine a touch of hubris was at play - a dude starts swearing and mouthing off at you and there’s people watching so you think you’ve got to give it back. unfortunately it back fired somewhat and the other person was prepared, at least on the surface, to make it physical.
lesson learnt, don’t be aggressive unless you’re prepared to get physical. There’s no shame in walking away from a fight, none at all, despite what some might tell you. However, don’t go provoking an already ‘hot’ verbal exchange into a physical one if backing up your mouth isn’t something you want/can do.
I assume you’ll avoid the place for a few days or so. If this other chap is sufficiently enraged with, he may well revisit their with the express intention of meeting you again. How will you handle that should it occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom