• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be ditching Ryzen 3000 for Ryzen 4000?

Will you be ditching Ryzen 3000 for 4000?

• Yes

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 51.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Voted no BUT will probably will drop in a 4700-4950(X) to replace my 3700X at some point when it's cheap, probably when the next socket drops. Will wait til the 2nd gen DDR5 chips for a full platform upgrade from X570

Soldato
Was a yes until I found out they won't work on X370, so its a no now

well let's wait and see, it is still technically possible to add support but it does require heavy modifications so we have to wait to see if mobo makers want to take the time and effort - for example supporting zen3 on an x370 board will require the mobo makers to release a totally new bios version for that board which totally strips down the bios to its bare minimum and then loses support for zen 1 and zen 2. You'll loose features like fan controls and fancy GUI etc too.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
well let's wait and see, it is still technically possible to add support but it does require heavy modifications so we have to wait to see if mobo makers want to take the time and effort - for example supporting zen3 on an x370 board will require the mobo makers to release a totally new bios version for that board which totally strips down the bios to its bare minimum and then loses support for zen 1 and zen 2. You'll loose features like fan controls and fancy GUI etc too.

I'm not too fussed now really. I will just see how things lie come the 5000 series release, or whenever they move to a new socket and go full on upgrade then.

Or see what intel have to offer by then as well as I have absolutely no brand loyalty

Soldato
It depends if the Ryzen 5 4600 or Ryzen 7 4700X works on the Asus B450I Strix. It had one of the best VRMs on a b450 motherboard(6 phase) and a 32MB BIOS too. If Asus does not release a BIOS,then I won't be getting one OFC,so the backup plan is Ryzen 7 3700X.

Associate
Nah because the 4000 series won't arrive until 2022, the 4600 will start off at £335 and won't support XMP

I mean your asking people if they're going to buy a line of chips that hasn't been released with no released details on the desktop architecture

Where did you hear that?

Back
Top Bottom