"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Are you all 12 or something? You're perfectly entitled to have an argument without it resorting to violence.

You want some??

As others have said, getting into an argument these days is not worth it, no matter how much of a ****head they are. You don't know if they're carrying, or if they're high on something with serious repercussions for yourself if getting into a fight.

UTT

UTT

Associate
I think you did the right thing!

Leave the idiot pacing by the main door. Getting into a fight could lead to you coming off worse off when it was him in the wrong.

Practice your scene from taxi driver so that next time you can weird them out with abit of "you looking at me?"

Soldato
So went out for my evening walk earlier to wind down and get a bit of exercise. Usually cover about 4 miles with a tesco midway to pick up a drink.

Get to the tescos stick my face mask on, quite busy there everyone apart from one guy with a mask, now I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops. Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself I pick up a drink walk over to the self service and the same guy just beats me to it with one lady in front. Seeing that she has a full basket I decide to switch over to the manned till queue as there was only one person being served. After waiting just a few seconds I get called forward, cue said guy shouting and walking over aggressively, I point out the shop has two different queues. He then gets more aggressive and swears at me, I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on (should probably just have ignored him at that point). He looks me up and down whilst being served, continuing to swear at me and then says "You want some?", I reply with not particularly. To which he says "Well I do, see you soon you ****". Having zero interest in getting in a fight and seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

I'm still wound up and a bit wtf. I think I mostly did the right thing apart from maybe provoking him back the queue switch was perhaps debatable but he could've done the same.

So GD what would you have done?

Ignored him completely. Gob****** like that loose all interest when ignored. No point getting hurt and/or a criminal record by fighting idiots over a checkout queue.

Soldato
******* lol

Should have ordered some marlboro reds, taken a leather glove off, bitch slapped him round the chops with it and challenged him to pistols at dawn.

Might as well have called your mum to pick you up.

Soldato
I would have been quite sarcastic but non-confrontational but still walked out the front door and ignored him. If it ended up with me getting assaulted, then so be it, his dumb ass would have been arrested. But likely he would just have mouthed off as I walk away.

Permabanned
I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

Funiest thing I've heard in a long time

tenor.gif

Soldato
If you're not interested in getting in a fight, don't respond to aggression with aggression.

If you want to escalate the situation like that, you've got to be prepared to escalate as far as the other person is. Personally, I wouldn't be for the sake of a position in a queue.

Soldato
If you're not interested in getting in a fight, don't respond to aggression with aggression.

If you want to escalate the situation like that, you've got to be prepared to escalate as far as the other person is. Personally, I wouldn't be for the sake of a position in a queue.

Quite right.

Caporegime
I'd have smashed his face in.

In all seriousness I probably would've just ignored him to begin with, or laughed at him which may well have provoked him further.

If i'd gobbed off back at him I 100% would've gone out the front door to see what was up. As other have said if you're going to be aggressive you have to walk the walk.

All I can picture in my mind right now is the Wealdstone Raider squaring up to me in Morrisons.

Soldato
Imo your the winner here.
He wanted a fight and didn't get one.
You didn't want a fight and didn't have one.

Only idiots resort to physical violence if there is an alternative, it's the basics of self defense.

Soldato
Unfortunately, modern society has no answer for this kind of knuckle dragger. People in positions where they could intervene are now so overcome with equality, PC nonsense and the rights of the perpetrator, that they're completely unable to protect the wider public.

Soldato
A lot of it is how you carry yourself and also the words you use to be alpha.

I try to take control of the conversation if someone is wanting a fight i.e. point out to them why its not a good idea for them.

But you have to be 100% in your choice. You can't argue with them then choose to run off. You were lucky that he didn't swing for you in the store.

I think the majority of people have never been in a fight, and have a keyboard warrior attitude about them. At least you didnt get hurt.

Man of Honour
Imo your the winner here.
He wanted a fight and didn't get one.
You didn't want a fight and didn't have one.

Only idiots resort to physical violence if there is an alternative, it's the basics of self defense.

He's a winner because he also got served first, and also didn't give someone a fight they wanted.

This thread is full of morons, it's depressing the collective intelligence and maturity is so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom