High CPU usage & temperature until Task Manager is opened

Associate
Hi everyone - got a weird one. My CPU temperature and usage is high until I open Task Manager when it drops down to normal temperatures. I've done the usual Malware check and nothing has shown up so I'm not sure its that.. I've also tried a third party process manager and nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Anyone else come across this before?

Soldato
never use NZXT CAM its horrible & causes very odd issues just use HWmonitor or better yet HWinfo64

CAm is notorious for causing high load destory cam & re-test or just google it its all over the web :)

Associate
never use NZXT CAM its horrible & causes very odd issues just use HWmonitor or better yet HWinfo64

CAm is notorious for causing high load destory cam & re-test or just google it its all over the web :)

I wish it could chache the light settings so i didn't have to open CAM and then quit it every time i boot my PC -___-

Soldato
I wish it could chache the light settings so i didn't have to open CAM and then quit it every time i boot my PC -___-
you have to have the app running for lights to know what you want? its a very badly coded application.

you maybe able to workaround this. if the lighting mode has its own exe or thread you could probably pass it the parameters and just run the lighting module.
only ever used CAM once to see what it was like never again.

Soldato
Do you have software to monitor processes without task manager open?

Only reason I ask is I had the same issue a few weeks ago. Task manager closed - CPU usage ramps up, open task manager and it drops down - and I found there was a process called "unpacker" in my roaming folder was the culprit.

May have been from a dodgy download of something, so I deleted the executable and all traces of it and it hasnt happened since.

Also, CAM is OK in the recent update which is why I dont think it is that. Currently using 0.4% CPU and 220mb RAM.

Back
Top Bottom