No Signal Hell

Associate
Hi All,

I built the rig below a few months ago.

All was well until recently i would get no signal on all 4 monitors unless i restarted the PC 3 times.

Now it's no signal on all monitors regardless of how many times I restart.

I've done the obvious stuff -

Tried swapping -
  • GPU, PSU, cables, monitors, reseated RAM, replaced CMOS battery, reset CMOS via jumper pins.
Haven't different RAM because my other PC's ram has different male slots.

Surely all I'm left with is Mobo or RAM?

None of the debugging lights are lit on the MoBo.

Rig is below.

Any help appreciated :)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Twelve Core 4.6GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail

£0.00 x 1 - FREE WITH CP-3B5-AM: AMD XBox Game Pass For PC Promotion

£5.41 x 1 - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

£107.49 x 1 - MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

£83.29 x 1 - Super Flower Leadex III 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black

£124.99 x 1 - Patriot Viper Steel 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit (PVS432G320C6K)

£182.49 x 1 - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

£108.29 x 1 - ASUS TUF Gaming GT501 Midi-Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass

£29.16 x 1 - Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo Red CPU Cooler - 2 x 120mm

£416.66 x 1 - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER WindForce OC 3X 8G 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

£144.99 x 1 - Seagate 8TB Barracuda 5400RPM 256MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (ST8000DM004)

Associate
OP
hi thanks for the reply.

i updated everything when i first built it in April but nothing since.

I havent done a memtest on the ram, not sure how to. Is it worth just buying some cheap ram to see if that solves it?

Man of Honour
I havent done a memtest on the ram, not sure how to. Is it worth just buying some cheap ram to see if that solves it?

Not really unless you prefer to do that but memtest it quite easy to run.

I believe there is a bios update for you motherboard can also bring more stability to a system. .l it's worth updating all drivers as well.

Man of Honour
Have you checked the cpu for bent pins ?

My guess it's the motherboard you have changed everything else except the ram and cpu.

Did you get the motherboard,cpu and ram cpu from the same place?

Soldato
What exactly happens when you press the power button? Fans spinning etc, GPU fan? Any boot text on screen, monitor(s) come out of sleep etc.

Try removing the boot drive to see if you get a Post LED (This will show it's going through POST)
Can also try this with GPU as it should fail POST and trigger an LED if getting that far

Have you got a bootable USB you can use , Linux, Windows install, anything to isolate the hardware from the software.

I think your mobo can be flashed without a CPU but that's at bit of a Hail Mary if you don't know why it won't boot.

Associate
OP
thanks guys, all bought from OC at the same time.

I've got a windows USB I can try...

Everything lights up, all fans working, just get nothing to the monitors.

Man of Honour
Did you Try removing the boot drive to see if you get a Post LED ad suggested above ?

I would contact overclockers and ask them to test the cpu, motherboard and ram together.

There the only thing that havnt been replaced.

Did overclockers replace other parts or were they parts you had to test ?

Associate
OP
thank you - OC tech support suspect the mobo is at fault. I'm going to try a new one, so I can check the CPU pins at the same time.

Will report back!

Soldato
Not a bad start, I would have suspected the motherboard or, possibly, the PSU. The CPU pins should be fine as you've been using it for ages before the issues started - good luck!

Back
Top Bottom