Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Different car I know, but the ride on my 987 Cayman is perfectly compliant and plenty sporty/firm enough for some fun. I can't imagine me wanting to hit the PASM button if I had it much, especially with the roads around here.

Soldato
Assuming the standard setup is pliant enough to not be jarring, yet stiff enough to offer good lateral grip, I doubt I'd use it as well.

I have magnetic ride on the S3 and can count on one hand how often I change the setup.
Yeah definately stiff enough in standard for most use, I guess on a track day or something i guess I would use it but it becomes a little too stiff for general use imo, it certainly wouldnt be on my must list

olv

olv

Soldato
There is an aftermarket 4 way PASM controller by DSC, it's just a box you plug in and it can control each damper individually based on car data and an accelerometer. It sounds really interesting, it can stiffen the rear under throttle and the front under braking, and each side through cornering. It also enables a broader range of movement in the damper so the ride is more compliant and more controlled. Something I will investigate in time as PASM doesn't seem amazing in either mode compared to passive suspension.

PASM is standard on the 3.8, optional on the 3.6. Ride height is 10mm lower and if you find a car with sports suspension that's a further 10mm lower.

Commissario
If you can pick up a DSC controller second hand then def go for it, I never got round to getting one but everyone I spoke to were convinced it made the car a lot more enjoyable in sports and sports+ modes.

Soldato
What people's thoughts on the old shape panamer turbo (or s). I miss my 911, however with bigger kids I just can't justify going back to one (read not allowed:p). Anyway I currently have an e92 (which is a disappointment after the Porsche), but I'm looking for 4wd and power while not being mega old which basically means Audi or panamera:D. I've read (not driven one myself) that Audi's are less involving so leaning towards the panamer (even though I think it will require mooring rather than parking:D). Any feedback would be appreciated.

Soldato
What people's thoughts on the old shape panamer turbo (or s). I miss my 911, however with bigger kids I just can't justify going back to one (read not allowed:p). Anyway I currently have an e92 (which is a disappointment after the Porsche), but I'm looking for 4wd and power while not being mega old which basically means Audi or panamera:D. I've read (not driven one myself) that Audi's are less involving so leaning towards the panamer (even though I think it will require mooring rather than parking:D). Any feedback would be appreciated.

If you can live with the looks they’re meant to be very good to drive (and fast!).

Soldato
The Panamera is quite different to a 911, it’s fast but very heavy. If you couldn’t find the right Audi RS4, you wouldn’t necessarily go looking at a similarly powered A8 to fill that ‘fun’ gap.

Soldato
I really like the look of the original Panamera now, surprising given how odd I thought it looked on release. If I can't find a decent 997.2 I'd be tempted to get into a Panemera.
I like the facelifted version of the Panamera with the LED rear lights, but the 1st gen one isn't my cup of tea. Amazing cars though. Spacious, well built and fast.

Caporegime
The Panamera is quite different to a 911, it’s fast but very heavy. If you couldn’t find the right Audi RS4, you wouldn’t necessarily go looking at a similarly powered A8 to fill that ‘fun’ gap.
Whilst this is true, and my heart wants the 911, if things didn't fall into place I'd not be unhappy to take a Panemera (mainly if the wife deemed the extra space necessary).

Soldato
a>
So I decided to get rid of the SLK , quick but boring , and get myself a Boxster .

It’s a very basic model 987 2.7 on an 05 registration , full history at 83K and more importantly the RMS and IMS bearing was replaced 10,000 miles ago ( I have the £2,600 receipt from STR Porsche in Norwich ) so as good as a used Porsche will l get for the money - £7500 .

It’s not the quickest , newest or highest spec Carrera GT or 911 Turbo but it’s mine all paid for and as a weekend toy I’m very very happy .

https://ibb.co/F44Dbgg\

[/IMG]
[/URL]

Soldato
a>
So I decided to get rid of the SLK , quick but boring , and get myself a Boxster .

It’s a very basic model 987 2.7 on an 05 registration , full history at 83K and more importantly the RMS and IMS bearing was replaced 10,000 miles ago ( I have the £2,600 receipt from STR Porsche in Norwich ) so as good as a used Porsche will l get for the money - £7500 .

It’s not the quickest , newest or highest spec Carrera GT or 911 Turbo but it’s mine all paid for and as a weekend toy I’m very very happy .

https://ibb.co/F44Dbgg\

[/IMG]
[/URL]
I've been tempted by one of these to replace my mk3.5 mx5. Unfortunately I think the need to fit luggage in is going to take over and I'll end up with a hatchback :(

Back
Top Bottom