Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Some cool water behaviour this morning after the rain, this is with a week old CarPro Elixir.

DSCF8948.jpg

DSCF8951.jpg

Soldato
Initially I used the Renovo softtop cleaner and protector kit and since then have been using the Autoglym versions every few months. Works great but do note that the brush you use is paramount. A poor quality brush or cheap sponge just won't get into the fibres.

I bought one of these specific bristle brushes which works amazingly:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikan-Co...Cleaning-Brush-for-TVR-BMW-Audi-/150913001286

Cheers forgot to even ask you! Will grab one of those.

Soldato
Initially I used the Renovo softtop cleaner and protector kit and since then have been using the Autoglym versions every few months. Works great but do note that the brush you use is paramount. A poor quality brush or cheap sponge just won't get into the fibres.

I bought one of these specific bristle brushes which works amazingly:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikan-Co...Cleaning-Brush-for-TVR-BMW-Audi-/150913001286

Cheers forgot to even ask you! Will grab one of those.

Soldato
After a month of ownership, I managed to get the wheels off to give them a good clean and do the arches whilst I was at it.

arch.jpg

wheelback.jpg

wheelback.jpg

Engine bay too, didn't need much to be honest since its mainly one big lump of plastic!

engine.jpg

Then to a nearby quiet road for a quick snap.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

frontlow.jpg

Used a combo of Bilit Hamber wheel cleaner, Turtle Wax bug and tar remover, isopropyl alcohol and a Maguires clay bar on the wheels.

Body got some of the bug and remover where needed and then a simple wash of Autoglym Body Shampoo.

Associate
Going to be using a Clay bar for my first time , what should I would washing the car with prior to doing it ?
Any car shampoo and dry ?

Don't dry, there's no real point if you're going to clay. Your usual washing will be fine, but it would be worth using some decon products like iron remover, sap remover etc to reduce the amount of crud the clay has to pick up.
Give yourself plenty of time, and regularly check if the clay requires folding and reshaping. Check your areas regularly to see if there are any parts requiring further work.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Had a look at the wife’s car for the first time after some rain since having ceramic coating on.

It’s crazy how the water just slides off it.

Soldato
Would anyone like to spec me a car shampoo, wash mitt/sponge, wheel cleaner and wheel brush? Cleanyourcar.co.uk has this shampoo at £7/ltr, this sponge, this wheel cleaner at £9/ltr, and this wheel brush.

I'd like to be as budget friendly as possible without actually buying utter tosh.
Im using a local company called anachem-automotive. Customer service is 2nd to none. Had emailed him about how to use a certain product and 5mins later i got a phone call!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Soldato
Afternoon all,

In regards ro interior cleaning I'm thinking of buying a wet and dry vac.

With 2 kids and a dog it's a little bit of a chore cleaning the mats/carpets.

Is this the type of thing I would need so after scrubbing the carpets and mats I could then just suck up the dirty water on the mat, rinse and repeat until clean?

Also thinking it would be handy for spot cleaning in the caravan and around the home.

Seems cheaper than say a vax as can pick up one for under £40 and can also be used to hoovering up after DIY and BBQ ash when not using the wet function.

Associate
Going to be using a Clay bar for my first time , what should I would washing the car with prior to doing it ?

Any car shampoo and dry ?
Claying a wet car actually helps lubricate the bar along with whatever lubricant you're using. Just make sure you give it a good clean and attention to get the less stubborn dirt off and let the clay work its magic on the really stubborn bits. I clayed our car and it made a noticeable difference in both look and feel.

Caporegime
Brand new to dog ownership, have a boot liner but the dog has drooled on the top of the rear seats which has now stained slightly, what can I use to remove these?

Caporegime
Brand new to dog ownership, have a boot liner but the dog has drooled on the top of the rear seats which has now stained slightly, what can I use to remove these?

I would use Autobright biozyme. This will clean it correctly as you need the enzymes to break down the biological matter not just clean the stain. Fantastic for milk and anything like that as well.

Soldato
Evening all,

The steering wheel is one job i've yet to tackle in the MX5 but was going to use Autoglym Leather Cleaner (or a weak APC solution / Colourlock Mild Cleaner) and a Colourlock brush but i've got no idea what to protect it with once it's cleaned.

I have got Gtechniq L1 but i believe it's only for coated leather rather than genuine or bonded leather which i think the MX5 steering wheel to be.

So what does everyone use to protect their leather steering wheels once they've cleaned it? Or do you not? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom