Anyone do kitchen design ?

Soldato
Were in the middle of doing our kitchen .. All the high units stripped.. paper off the walls and most of the electrics bought .

But were struggling for a design . We had one done at the local diy but of course they only give ya a nice picture and no sizes . Anyone work for a kitchen place or is a dab hand at it ?

Soldato
Can't really help with actual design but if you haven't done so already go and measure your kitchen, at least the floorplan. Draw it in Sketchup or get a free trial of AutoCAD. If you like the design you had done go to DIY kitchen website, B&Q (think there are free 3d models of B&Q units for Sketchup) etc and find units that fit that design. Once you have it drawn you can play around with different layout quit easily to find layout you fancy.

Associate
There is (or there was last year) a floor planner and 3D planner on the DIY Kitchens website.

It’s very good, also tops up prices as you go.

Soldato
I worked as a kitchen designer at IKEA for 5 years but that was about 10 years ago and they've changed from the Faktum range to something called Metod. So I am not completely familiar with the new range but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have as I don't things have changed that much, they just now offer more unit sizes.

Soldato
There is (or there was last year) a floor planner and 3D planner on the DIY Kitchens website.

It’s very good, also tops up prices as you go.

It's still going, and I've used it to plan 3 kitchens.

I think it works really well. Even if you don't plan to buy your kitchen from them it'll let you play around with several ideas.

Soldato
I used the planner on DIY Kitchens. I did have a "pro" one drawn up by a lady from Wickes but hers was terrible and wasted soooo much space. My own is better and what I went with.

Back
Top Bottom