Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thanks, I'm loving the free part!
Yeah, there are some great F2P FPS games which are hugely popular right now. I prefer Apex over CoD because I love the fast movement which is more akin to something like Titanfall. Warzone is very much liked as well though. New season of Apex starts tomorrow can't wait.

Soldato
Day one here too, no sense in waiting when the price won't come down anytime soon. Might as well be playing asap even if there won't be heaps of stuff early on. It's a decent chunk of change but in terms of cost per hour it will still be a bargain compared to most purchases.

Soldato
I feel sorry for the parents who's kids will be putting this on their Christmas wish list. Hopefully the blurred lines between previous and next gen will help them out by reducing the 'urgency' to change.

I'll justify the cost by having had a good run on the One and it being time to upgrade to 4k.

Caporegime
OP
I feel sorry for the parents who's kids will be putting this on their Christmas wish list. Hopefully the blurred lines between previous and next gen will help them out by reducing the 'urgency' to change.

I'll justify the cost by having had a good run on the One and it being time to upgrade to 4k.

there’s still the Series S cheaper model to be unveiled.

Associate
Day 1 for the Series X here also. I will also pick up my brother a series S when it launches. The S will be an awesome 1080p machine and with game pass added its fantastic value hopefully. :)

Soldato
If the backwards compatibility is that good, I wonder if Microsoft might be looking to upload their entire back catalogue onto GamePass..........could make for an amazing nostalgia trip for us older gamers.

I also wonder if they might be looking to release a dirt cheap Xcloud streaming box - could put something on the market for peanuts and capture the lowend/kids bedroom market........maybe release a box for virtually nothing - Make it only compatible with the XsX controller, and make the box cost back through controller sales and subs.

Is it childish of me to hope that if they release a streaming box, they call it the "Series E"? :p

Associate
Where is peoples thinking of preordering, may go direct from microsoft myself.

Not pre ordering myself, but if i was i'd be looking at credit card cash back, supermarket points, employer benefit discounts, free game bundles- to sell/part-ex, trade in old hardware on part-ex, etc etc.

Buying direct is lightly the last place i'd go. The rainforest is also lightly one of the worst places to go. Imagine having your new console literally thrown metres into the back of a van by delivery drivers, not exclusive to single couriers either.

Caporegime
OP
Where is peoples thinking of preordering, may go direct from microsoft myself.

Wherever does the monthly subscription offer for me. Otherwise, probably Argos as they have one in my town so I can always return it easily if it goes wrong. :p

I'm actually starting to lean more towards getting the XSX first now and waiting a bit longer for the PS5. Even though I have a backlog of PS4 games to play on it and literally nothing on Xbox. But there's always Game Pass...

Soldato
Wherever does the monthly subscription offer for me. Otherwise, probably Argos as they have one in my town so I can always return it easily if it goes wrong. :p

I'm actually starting to lean more towards getting the XSX first now and waiting a bit longer for the PS5. Even though I have a backlog of PS4 games to play on it and literally nothing on Xbox. But there's always Game Pass...

Yeah I was tempted by the PS5, but I play my multiplats on the xbox now so don't see point in switching, I may get the PS5 further down the line when a few exclusives peak my interest.

Back
Top Bottom