The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
But - you're doing it a day before exchange?

I'll do it when the process forces me to commit to a transaction..which is exchange of contracts. I don't know which transaction is going to get to that point first.

Just heard back from the solicitor regarding the original sale....still complete radio silence from the vendor's solicitor. 8 1/2 months in.

Man of Honour
My house went on the market 3 and a half weeks ago. Initially the estate agent emailed me a few days after and said that on Monday's they email sellers with an update on the number of enquiries, if there's any interest in viewings, virtual viewings and what not. Since then there's been literally no contact beyond a phone call to arrange a viewing, which the only feedback was 'they thought it was a bit small'. I emailed the manager last Monday and got an out of office reply, I must admit I haven't followed it up but it just seems like there's no motivation or interest from the estate agent, which is odd as they're well regarded locally.

It may not come to it but have people had any luck getting out of the exclusivity period with an estate agent?

Soldato
Just had our meet the builder and our first time getting to view the house.

quite nice actually getting to see the views we'd get out of the window and actual garden size. Only a few weeks to go now

Soldato
Just tell them you're pulling out of the purchase then. Sounds like you're been messed around - but it's probably people elsewhere in the chain causing the issue.

Why would I pull out? I actually prefer the second property but I would go with the first if the second fell through.

I'm already as committed as I can be with the solicitor and survey all paid for. There's nothing to be gained for me by pulling out, I'm just limiting my options.

Associate
Any others got their mortgage offers through recently? If so how long did it take?

Edit: Just got ours through today! around 1 week after valuation was done by bank.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got offered 25k over asking which is great. Onky issue is they're not yet sold.. (infact only just going on the market). I know the buyer has family mega close so the draw is obvious. Seems like a no brainer?

Soldato
Just got offered 25k over asking which is great. Onky issue is they're not yet sold.. (infact only just going on the market). I know the buyer has family mega close so the draw is obvious. Seems like a no brainer?

How much was it advertised for? 25k over asking price is a lot of money and a bit crazy IMO

Soldato

that’s very nice and all but they can’t actually buy it. It could take them months to sell theirs - no point accepting an offer from someone who doesn’t have the money to honour it

Soldato
We put an offer on a house before we'd even put our house on the market. That was a Saturday. We had an Estate Agent do a valuation Wednesday and our house was sold Thursday.

If they're motivated enough to offer well over the asking price - I'd expect them to also be motivated to get a move on selling and progressing with the sale.

Associate
Christ on a bike, 25k over asking? Do you have a number of people bidding on the house or something, why on earth would someone offer such a premium. Unless they're trying to launder money or summat

Soldato
that’s very nice and all but they can’t actually buy it. It could take them months to sell theirs - no point accepting an offer from someone who doesn’t have the money to honour it

Christ on a bike, 25k over asking? Do you have a number of people bidding on the house or something, why on earth would someone offer such a premium. Unless they're trying to launder money or summat

To put the above into context, its a fully renovated detached single storey bungalow (USP i suppose?) and is very close to family (thus the - location is everything) approach.

I put it up on the Friday and had 4 viewings sunday/3 offers and 5 more viewings today. Fairly busy!

Im going to get it to sealed bids but they're the favourites thus far and were very nice people. Due to their age i would presume theyre not mortgaging and have cash float, but of course yes, they do need to sell their house.

Plus side is its £100k more than i paid for it 4 years ago... Downside is i would like to buy a 500k house before the stamp duty changes. Who thinks the stamp duty zero% will be extended?

Last edited:
Soldato
We put an offer on a house before we'd even put our house on the market. That was a Saturday. We had an Estate Agent do a valuation Wednesday and our house was sold Thursday.

If they're motivated enough to offer well over the asking price - I'd expect them to also be motivated to get a move on selling and progressing with the sale.

Correct, if you read the above info i think they're very keen due to family.

Back
Top Bottom