**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
Does this drive play ok with HDD, I'm installing it onto an SSHD. Downloading now on Xbox Game Pass.

Not holding much hope for a 2070 max q at 1080p given reports of a 2080Ti crawling to 20fps in cities.

I kind of hope I can just cruise around and the detail is that good I can scope out nice places to visit in the UK or go on holiday :p

Soldato
Forgive me if I've missed the post but when is it available via game pass? I've got a live subscription but it will only allow me to buy it for £59.99, not play it as part of game pass.

*Seems that if I click on the Flight Sim tab on the game pass page, it doesn't give an install option. If I go through store > simulation > Microsoft Flight Sim, it lets me install.*

Last edited:
Soldato
Before I forget, I remember reading on a forum about reducing the Terrain Level of Detail, to 80 down from whatever you have it set to. It's the bar near the top that can go to 200. He said 80 was a good value as it barely impacted the look and can potentially gain 8-10fps.

@DanTheMan I got this https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games/ last night, and browsed the games and clicked the game pass option. There should be too, play with game pass or purchase.

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble with the A320 on approach? Just had to abandon my flight to Edinburgh because I couldn't get the autopilot to work - I left the flight plan to automatic approach but the flight computer didn't do anything with it so the flight plan just flew over the airport instead of loading the correct STAR for 24 from EDN. Then when I managed to get it to load it, it wanted to fly me all the way back to Southampton to the start again and I couldn't figure out how to skip waypoints. It's like they've made it too hard for newbies (not that I'd really call myself one - just not to the level of wanting to sit and program the computer for half an hour) but not in depth enough for people accustomed to Aerosoft's airbuses.

Soldato
Installed and running great ony system.

1440p it is using 16gb ram and card is using 9gb, usage around 90% on GPU

On first training mission I was 40-50 FPS on ground and then 60 in flight high settings

Edit - loaded the next mission and it's crashed to desktop lol

Soldato
I may do a video sometime showing my specs, graphics settings and how it runs. Haven't done one of thee but looks like it will be helpful. Don't forget those on Nvidia they have a driver out for this.

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble with the A320 on approach? Just had to abandon my flight to Edinburgh because I couldn't get the autopilot to work - I left the flight plan to automatic approach but the flight computer didn't do anything with it so the flight plan just flew over the airport instead of loading the correct STAR for 24 from EDN. Then when I managed to get it to load it, it wanted to fly me all the way back to Southampton to the start again and I couldn't figure out how to skip waypoints. It's like they've made it too hard for newbies (not that I'd really call myself one - just not to the level of wanting to sit and program the computer for half an hour) but not in depth enough for people accustomed to Aerosoft's airbuses.

Hard to say, other than we may have to wait for the study level aircraft to get released and accept that the default aircraft will be a bit buggy.

Soldato
Hard to say, other than we may have to wait for the study level aircraft to get released and accept that the default aircraft will be a bit buggy.

Possibly - maybe I'm being a bit cynical but the more I play it the more I'm thinking they've rushed the release to take advantage of the coronavirus situation whilst they still can. The beta testing period wasn't long at all. Also is it me or are there no checklists beyond starting the engines?

This has been the same with every version of MSFS I can remember. It's always needed an absolute top spec computer to get average (at best) performance. As hardware improves, it unlocks the software.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how well it runs on my fairly old hardware tbh. Perfectly smooth mostly and looks awesome at 1440p on High.

Soldato
This has been the same with every version of MSFS I can remember. It's always needed an absolute top spec computer to get average (at best) performance. As hardware improves, it unlocks the software.

that didn’t really happen with FSX though as it was coded for single threaded beasts originally.

Soldato
First flight, take-off not a big deal but landing is a bit of a beast lol. Did well I think! Flew around my local area as we have a small airport here in the Solent and flew around my old workplace in Gunwharf. Pretty sweet seeing all this!

Game detected my system as high-end at 3440x1440 but I dropped res to 2560x1080 in order to slide up the details slightly more. I do notice at the start the fps dips slightly until things get moving. nVidia game optimised drivers not yet installed however.

mrk what you using to record the game play ?

Back
Top Bottom