• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
The economy has tanked and were in a pandemic. People can't afford £1000 for small increase, PS5 is going to sell like hot cakes
The £1000 segment isn't the big seller though, it's much lower. An enthusiast forum distorts this as there's a disproportionate number of higher end cards owned by posters.

Associate
Put me down for a fiver on

3090 £2000-2500
3080ti £1500-2000
3080 £1000
3070 £750

:p
3070 should be 400-500 range. 3080 600-750. Anything more I think you might as well buy a console. Nvidia is shafting us all. We will what AMD does and to what extent it provokes a price competition. A 3070 @ £400 would be fantastic but I am probably out of my mind for saying that :D

Caporegime
The £1000 segment isn't the big seller though, it's much lower. An enthusiast forum distorts this as there's a disproportionate number of higher end cards owned by posters.
One reason why AMD aren’t bothered by being the fastest card. The market is small compared to mid range and high end. Sell 10,000 bleeding edge cards and make $300 per card or sell 2 million mid range and make $100 per card?

Caporegime
One reason why AMD aren’t bothered by being the fastest card. The market is small compared to mid range and high end. Sell 10,000 bleeding edge cards and make $300 per card or sell 2 million mid range and make $100 per card?
Or let nV be first to market by several months (every single time) and sell not much of anything :p

Soldato

Lets also not forget that they've got a massive boon with both consoles touting their hardware, meaning 'powered by AMD' will make more and more people look at them for PC gaming as well, so they might start selling way larger volumes once the mind share is there.

Associate
It feel it falls down for AMD when their cards aren't represented at the top-end of the benchmark tables. When the 30XX release there'll be a sea of green.

Associate
Or let nV be first to market by several months (every single time) and sell not much of anything :p
They are trying to avoid that mistake this time. I hope they have a card that can compete with the 3080. It will give us gamers better value. The first month or two, the ampere cards will be overpriced as hell due to shortages and lack of competition. Might have to wait until Cyber Monday/ Black Friday to get anything decent if the cards do laumch end of September/October.

Associate
It feel it falls down for AMD when their cards aren't represented at the top-end of the benchmark tables. When the 30XX release there'll be a sea of green.
Thats one way of looking at it, another way of looking at benchmarks is which ones can I afford and how do they fare against each other, and is there a performance advantage to one card in any of my favorite games e.g. PUBG & Witcher 3 - Nvidia.

Associate
Lets also not forget that they've got a massive boon with both consoles touting their hardware, meaning 'powered by AMD' will make more and more people look at them for PC gaming as well, so they might start selling way larger volumes once the mind share is there.
I'm not sure it makes a difference to console gamers who makes the APUs.

Caporegime
The margins on the kit in the consoles will be razor thin though. Maybe single digit $ per unit. But if they then sell 20 million of them, jobs a good one!

Caporegime
$100-200 million over 5 years isn't really worth getting out of bed for if you're AMD.

Would have to be more than that.
Could be single digit per CPU and the same for GPU. Given they power both systems they won’t care who comes out on top. It’s a good place to be and is almost guaranteed income.

Soldato
3070 should be 400-500 range. 3080 600-750. Anything more I think you might as well buy a console. Nvidia is shafting us all. We will what AMD does and to what extent it provokes a price competition. A 3070 @ £400 would be fantastic but I am probably out of my mind for saying that :D
I hope for the same, 3070 2080ti beating perf at £399 would be great. Coupled with there being so much to buy, AMD new cards, plus ryzen 4000 and xbox and ps5, make that £399 £350 nvidia :p

Soldato
Rumour mill time, this is coming from motherboard manufacturers.

Everyone who owns a PCIE4 AMD motherboard is going to be happy, Intel owners who do not are going to be sad face.

So apparently some of the new RTX3000 cards are able to saturate PCIE 3.0 x16. Now because Intel currently has no desktop CPU that supports pcie4, this means RTX3000 GPUs will run faster on AMD x570 systems and B550 systems.

Rocket Lake S from Intel was suppose to launch at the end of this year so Intel owners could get maximum benefit from RTx3000 but now they cannot - they will have to wait while AMD systems will have higher GPU performance

Back
Top Bottom