What watch do you wear?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
What are reliable places for a Tag at below retail?
I’ve read plenty that says don’t pay retail on them, but not where to go!
I have an Aquaracer ‘homage’ and now have a yearning for the real thing!

Soldato
Associate
I did a photo. Sometimes the simplest of things can look rather cool too :cool:

Casio_A168WA_2020.08.14_0033_Edit.jpg

Amazing photo Sir! ;)

Man of Honour
I did a photo. Sometimes the simplest of things can look rather cool too :cool:

Casio_A168WA_2020.08.14_0033_Edit.jpg
That photo is quality :)

I remember having a steel Casio at school in the 1980's. I loved that thing. It looked very similar but I don't remember the face being quite so busy. I used to set the alarm which played "A yellow rose of Texas" for the middle of lessons to wind up the teachers. It's funny what small and cheap items we throw away which I'd love to have back again now. My dad had an early LED watch (maybe a Casio too?) which you had to press a button to light up the display to save the battery. So it was blank 99% of the time until you pressed the button and then it lit up with a red LED display (not LCD) to show the time. I'd love to have that now.

Soldato

I remember having a steel Casio at school in the 1980's. I loved that thing. It looked very similar but I don't remember the face being quite so busy. I used to set the alarm which played "A yellow rose of Texas" for the middle of lessons to wind up the teachers. It's funny what small and cheap items we throw away which I'd love to have back again now. My dad had an early LED watch (maybe a Casio too?) which you had to press a button to light up the display to save the battery. So it was blank 99% of the time until you pressed the button and then it lit up with a red LED display (not LCD) to show the time. I'd love to have that now.
Bulova recently released a Computron reissue which behaves the same way. Comes in gold and chrome:

https://youtu.be/5JisHis8-ig

Man of Honour

Those steel Casios are just as expensive now as my resin Cognit Schema! I did look for a bit but £200+ is a bit much on a watch that's in used condition as opposed to NOS :o

Amazing photo Sir! ;)

Cheers!

I was just meaning photography in general, since you er do it on a semi professional basis and make money out of it from your weddings :p

Ah yes, although I freelance where I can it's been slim pickings to non existent in 2020 but understandable why lol. Next year should be much better!

Man of Honour
Managed to lose my Hamtun on holiday. Not sure exactly when but presume in sea. May be paddle boarding or playing with kids or something. Only other watch I took was my very sentimental JLC, so if one had to go, it was the right one.

Soldato
H1 on the bracelet. I never had the bracelet come open on me so not sure what happened
Most likely spring bar failure. It's why I only wear NATOs when swimming as one spring bar failure doesn't mean automatic watch loss, although a decent knock or tug could still dislodge/break both bars. Not quite gone down the fixed/welded bar route yet...

Sucky thing to happen. But as noted above, at least it wasn't the JlC!

Caporegime
After seeing this in my feed for the last few months and slightly obsessing over the Burgundy dial, an easier to wear Emerald variant has come along and I've gone for it. No date window before @mrk roasts me.

jUkPBAY.png

rFArx8t.png

dZXjh5b.jpg

https://orionwatch.com/hellcat

It's nothing special on paper but I really like the dial, case size/shape and the fact it looks great on bracelet and strap. Customs are going to have a field day with me though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom