**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
Omg! Early?

We'll deliver your Samsung parcel

TOMORROW

19th August 2020!

Edit: follow up email confirmed it's the Watch3, damn but at least it's not the Buds Live :p

I too have had this, but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. DPD have done this before & the phone hasn't come any earlier.

Associate
No way? Those rascals.
Apparently I have 3 parcels getting delivered on the 19th By DPD from Samsung

I have a watch 3 on order

Random. Let's see what appears tomorrow for us all then.

Interesting about the glass side of things on his vid. It's always been abit cheeky with the x times resistant than previous versions, I'd love to see a Note 2 vs Note 20u on a scratch comparison.

Associate
On the galaxy watch using Samsung pay can you make payments without having your phone with you? Or do you need the lte version of the watch?

Soldato
So the note 20 ultra here will have 12gb Ram or 8? I’m confused!

We don't get the LTE

From Samsung site

Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 512GB internal storage
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 256GB internal storage
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 128GB internal storage
LTE
  • 8GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 512GB internal storage
  • 8GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 256GB internal storage

Last edited:
Associate
We don't get the LTE

From Samsung site

Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 512GB internal storage
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 256GB internal storage
  • 12GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 128GB internal storage
LTE
  • 8GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 512GB internal storage
  • 8GB RAM (LPDDR5) with 256GB internal storage
Ahh ok thanks, that’s good then!!

Soldato
No surprise there really and similar gap as with S20 variants, they didn't do any changes to the SoC here unlike on Note 10 where they bumped it up to Exynos 9825 (7nm) instead of 9820 (8nm).

Soldato
Quoted in various review sites.

"Outside of the US, Samsung sells their phones with their own Exynos chips instead of Qualcomm Snapdragon. They also use Samsung made camera sensors, instead of the Sony ones in the US version. These parts are inferior, and there are numerous comparisons online. The Exynos phones are slower, have worse battery life, worse camera sensors and processing, get hotter and throttle faster, etc. This maybe wouldn’t be so bad if Samsung were transparent about it, or if we were’t paying the exact same price or even higher than our US friends."

So in summary,

Poor Battery life
Thermal throttling / overheating
Poor gpu performance compared to other flagships (sd865)
Poorer camera sensor

As stated by others in mundane day to day tasks probably not much of an issue, bar battery life. But i would say why buy a flagship if all you are going to do is open Facebook and WhatsApp etc.

Buy a decent midrange like pixel 4a or oneplus nord.

Previous generations the gap wasnt as noticeable, i loved my note 9 which was exynos 9810 and wish i hadn't swapped to a s20+. I get the issues mentioned, battery is awful, it overheats and it just isn't a good as the note 9 it replaced.

Its happening again with the note 20, but the gap will be bigger due to 865+ in other regions.

I'm loving the look of the mi 10 ultra, and would swap if it came to the UK. Which is looking doubtful, not sure about importing one.

I had a look at the note 20 ultra and i'm seriously tempted by it. I just can;t stomach paying £70 a month for flagship product that really isn't a flagship. I guess I'll stick with my snapdragon s9+ for another year

Associate
I had a look at the note 20 ultra and i'm seriously tempted by it. I just can;t stomach paying £70 a month for flagship product that really isn't a flagship. I guess I'll stick with my snapdragon s9+ for another year
Why not use the Samsung upgrade program, which is basically 24 months interest free and then choose a sim.

Back
Top Bottom