**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Did a cessna flight from Doncaster to Manchester airports, mainly because it's an area I know pretty well.

When I checked the FPS I was around 70-80ish at high end settings using a 3900x, 16Gb RAM and 2080ti. It was very, very impressive.

What I wasn't impressed with was the fact there isn't a controller profile for my x-55 Rhino........really?

Associate
I have tried a few times but it keeps rolling back after nearly installing. My system is based on an i5-2500k so I am planning an upgrade shortly anyway, although my GTX1080 has it running all other modern games

I dare say your 2500k is probably holding back the 1080 in many modern titles.

Soldato
But more importantly to me has anyone got track IR running and if so how ?

Yes, as to how... uhm, I launched the TrackIR software and loaded flight sim. I did make a point of updating the game list in TrackIR though, so possibly needs that step.

Soldato
Anyone else get their typed text backwards when putting anything into the interface in the game? I'm searching for an air strip and I type in Maldives, and it comes out as "sevidlaM". Yep, that's what I'm looking for!

Soldato
Soldato
Would love to see comparison between SSD, Nvme and Mechanical in loading, I Installed this on the mechanical drive been long time seen load times like this

Soldato
Anyone else get their typed text backwards when putting anything into the interface in the game? I'm searching for an air strip and I type in Maldives, and it comes out as "sevidlaM". Yep, that's what I'm looking for!

Sorted it, my Xbox One controller is interfering with text input!

Man, this game is utterly insane. I've just flown from Male International Airport in the Maldives and then landed in the sea next to an island. I'm so pleased that there's a sea plane in the game! Now, I'm about to fly under the Golden Gate Bridge and I'll land somewhere in the bay!

Soldato
Would love to see comparison between SSD, Nvme and Mechanical in loading, I Installed this on the mechanical drive been long time seen load times like this

I'm on an NVMe and it's taking a while to load. It's a big world that's being loaded, so it really doesn't surprise me!

Soldato
Folks.. is there a way to skip the log intros at the start?

Also the fly around at the beginning is ultra smooth but the game is not smooth as that... is that what most experience?

Also each time i start the game I am asked to update but when I click update, it says its complete... anybody else has this?

Soldato
Anyone having download issues, the secret for me was to create a desktop icon, right click it and "Run as administrator"

All worked correctly after that.

Have a safe flight!

Soldato
What a game. Love it :D

3950x 32GB and 2080ti on 3840x1200 all settings on Ultra - 30-60 FPS which I'm happy with :)

Anyone tried the landing challenge yet at Courchevel? Currently up to 986k :)

Soldato
I'm on an NVMe and it's taking a while to load. It's a big world that's being loaded, so it really doesn't surprise me!

I just have an 256gb nvme for OS and software and have 2tb Mechanical for games , tempted to buy 1TB nvme which are not too badly priced now but with how big games are getting now might not take long to fill :(

Associate
I have an x55 and had trouble with this. It can be done mate. Set Filter to all, make sure throttle is chosen and under power management>throttle> throttle axis. make sure its sent to Joystick L-Axis X

Thanks. Got there in the end .... not the most intuitive interface for mapping controls. Now to decide what's the best control for toe brakes ... don't have any pedals.

Soldato
Folks.. is there a way to skip the log intros at the start?

Also the fly around at the beginning is ultra smooth but the game is not smooth as that... is that what most experience?

Also each time i start the game I am asked to update but when I click update, it says its complete... anybody else has this?

Anyone folks :) ?

I just plugged in my X52... it detects it but in the controls manager it doesnt assign any controls to any functions, e.g. throttle is not mapped at all, joystick movements, rudder to twist the stick....
Anyone know what Im doing wrong here?

Associate
Anyone folks :) ?

I just plugged in my X52... it detects it but in the controls manager it doesnt assign any controls to any functions, e.g. throttle is not mapped at all, joystick movements, rudder to twist the stick....
Anyone know what Im doing wrong here?

You have to manually assign all the controls to your joystick/HOTAS . There are very few pre-configured set-ups, which is poor form from the devs. You might find this video helpful for general advice on how to map controls to your peripherals https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1DXdGaRgnhU&feature=emb_logo

Back
Top Bottom