Old case and parts, worth selling or scrapping?

Associate
So, few weeks ago I built my new system (specs in sig), took about a day with all the cable management (and it's still kind of a mess), so now i'm left with my old case, a Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Ultra Tower case (the original all black version, no LED fans or windowed doors), and inside it, is my old motherboard (Asus Z170-A), CD/DVD RW drive and CPU (I7 6700K), and the tower cooler is around here somewhere.

Everything else worth saving (PSU, RAM and GPU) went into new system.

Only thing i modded was trying to take out one of the hard-drive bays to create more airflow for the front fans, but i only managed to get one of the brackets off (couldn't reach the screws to do the second one closest to the fans).

So my question is this:

Is this thing (and the bits inside it) worth trying to sell, or would it be more worthwhile just sending it to a recycling/scrapping facility?

Soldato
If the case was popular and in decent condition otherwise then it will sell. I recently sold a good HTPC case that sat in my attic for 10 years for half the cost new! The motherboard and CPU will definitely sell well especially if you have kept the boxes though not essential.

Associate
As said above the CPU and motherboard will get a good chunk of money.

Worth researching if you made a complete system out of it with some cheap replacement parts whether you'd get more for it as a complete system.

Back
Top Bottom