**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Am downloading this now

Can't find or see anywhere that shows what speed it downloading at :confused::(

eLFuuBD.jpg

Open task manager and view network traffic. The bar on that download screen moves in chunks of around 0.5% so it looks like it’s doing nothing for whole minutes at a time.

The percentage is displayed to 2 decimal places but it updates the percentage to 1 decimal place. Microsoft logic.... :p It’s so ****.

Associate
I'd expect it to take at the very least 90 minutes due to the cap MS has and the way it deploys the package.
Running a 1Gbit internet connection and deploying to my M.2 drive from start to finish it took approx 90 mins for me.

Am download this now

Can't find anywhere that shows what speed it downloading at :confused::(

Soldato
Thanks guys

I'd expect it to take at the very least 90 minutes due to the cap MS has and the way it deploys the package.
Running a 1Gbit internet connection and deploying to my M.2 drive from start to finish it took approx 90 mins for me.
It going take me a fair bit longer then 90minutes as i only have a 60mb line and it downloading around 40Mbps

Associate
Having an issue with this installing to my C drive which isn't my gaming drive.

Any time I try to change the install folder for new apps in storage settings to change to my gaming drive it is giving the error 0x80070005. Lets me change all the other new content options to this drive, just not apps.

Anyone know of the fix for this?

Soldato
Having an issue with this installing to my C drive which isn't my gaming drive.

Any time I try to change the install folder for new apps in storage settings to change to my gaming drive it is giving the error 0x80070005. Lets me change all the other new content options to this drive, just not apps.

Anyone know of the fix for this?
I made a "MS Flight 2020" folder on my C drive and then choose it in the actual flight sim downloader/installer

Associate
@ralv585 C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\Packages.

I can't seem to find it here, although it is suggested by the Windows forum...

Yeah, I can't find it either, quite frustrating!

My monitor is 32"a so getting a nice big experience, but would have been awesome on the 65", guess I can wait for the Series X version, itwit the main reason to get it on the Microsoft Store.

Soldato
Soldato
Did some flying over Abberton Reservoir in Essex during a storm yesterday

Not perfectly smooth as a lot of I/O going on what with screen capturing in the back ground but I'm amazed it's running as well as it does on my 8 year old CPU and 6 year old GPU

Once in storm skip to 3mins where come out the otherwise lots of grey lol

Last edited:
Soldato
My controller wasnt detected Vkb Gladiator so I had to map everything manually, I was getting weird movement like previous posters had, I had to make sure the axis wasnt saying -x +x as I think this makes it work like a button. Once I mapped it without the -+ it works fine.

Associate
I bought the London building pack, very much worth it imo, transforms Canary Wharf, and I can now see my flat which wasn't previously there.

Downloaded MSI afterburner, and can see my gpu is at 99%, getting around 30-40fps on high settings, so might look into upgrading in the future.

Soldato
For anyone who was struggling with dropping their resolution down and the resulting blurriness - I found you had to set it in the game (from 1440p to 1080p in my case), exit the game, change resolution in Windows (from 1440p to 1080p), and restart the game. No more blurries (well a little bit because of non-native resolution, but not like before). Not sure what it's doing by default - something to do with the render scaling?

Anywho, with the settings below (tweaked High, with default traffic settings) I'm now getting solid 40+fps, dipping to 30fps at busy airports with my Vega 56 and Haswell 4C/8T.

lrcJBPt.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom