Why does anyone buy fairy liquid?

Soldato
It costs about £2 a bottle. I've always bought Aldi or Tesco own washing up liquid in all different flavours for like 40 to 50p and it gives me enough bubbles. Anyone that spends more is a silly sud.

Permabanned
I tend to find the branded versions of things actually are better, so if you're not counting the pennies may as well get the better product. Wouldn't claim it's better value tho.

Associate
A similar sized bottle of Aldis own vs Fairy just doesn't last for us, we've gone through 5 bottles in the time we get through a fairy bottle :p

Soldato
I've never paid more than £1 for the stuff, it's almost always on sale somewhere.

I've tried other brands but Fairy just seems to last longer than them, and I'm the type of person that buys very few 'branded' items as I usually don't find them any better than a cheaper product.

Soldato
OP
Interesting. So those of you that buy Fairy are basically saying you only need a few drops in the water compared to cheaper brands. Still, I find my cheapo bottles last plenty of time, I just give a good squirt or two for a nice lathering.

Soldato
I always preferred fairy but my wife does the shopping and will often pick up the aldi version. We use the dish washer for everything apart from the odd frying pan or baking tray (aldi tablets though).

Soldato
I think it froths up better than the cheaper ones.

We use cheap stuff at work that comes in a 5L container and it really isn't as nice as proper Fairy i use at home.

Plus as has been said it lasts for ages anyway so you'll be saving like 10p a month or something by using own brand.

Soldato
When bought in bulk and also used as shampoo and shower gel for the whole family Fairy works out to be quite economical plus you no longer need to buy moisturiser for your skin.

Permabanned
I thought it wasn’t great for your skin in the same way it’s not great for your paintwork. It strips your natural oils from your skin and also your paintwork. Good for dishes though.

Soldato
Tend not to buy any bottles of stuff now, I use a local refill shop and get this amazing stuff that smells of Ginseng and Honey and doesn't make your skin dry but cleans the pots and pans just fine. Per ml it costs somewhere between Aldi platinum and Fairy.

Soldato
Doubles up as a lube. Makes the GFs hands softer too.

Just. No. :eek: it really doesn't. Not for that kind of lube, and definitely not undiluted before some poor unfortunate tries it. For getting car tyres on easier etc, then yeah I've seen that done.

Back
Top Bottom