What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
He sets the place on fire and spawns enemies that burst into flames soon as you shoot them.

The boss is familiar but I think you managed to kill him, I scraped through and he buggered off.

That or there's another random boss I'm unaware of!

That's cool if true either way!

Soldato
I'm another who's on the Remnant train!

Best free game ever! I've been playing it with one of my lads, and we've been getting totally absorbed in it while I'm off work. We both bought the DLC last night we like it so much.

We're only playing through the main campaign when we can play together, so we both have a number of hours in adventure mode racked up when one of us can play but the other can't. My first adventure mode run through Earth I got an entirely differnt set of bosses and events.

Gorefist was our first campaign boss, and he gave us some problems until we figured out the pattern with his adds. Ixilis was another one that took us several attempts to get a strategy down.

I still notice there are bosses neither of us have seen yet even with a few rerolls of adventure mode.

I'm running sniper slayer for clearing maps and beam rifle with hotshot and Osseous/Cultist for bosses. This feels like the best combo to me. When you activate hotshot and train a beam on bosses' weakpoints it really melts their HP bar. Just gotta make sure the continuous firing doesn't distract from cues to dodge. My lad likes skull and turret summons. Between us both we're clearing very quickly. I want to pop the difficulty up, but he's not in favour.

We'll both almost certainly get the next DLC as well when it releases. Such good fun!

jpm

jpm

Associate
It's such a good game!

We should play sometime for laughs bud. :D

Yeah mate, epic user name is Jaymatt80 feel free to add me. like I said going through the campaign with mates at the moment but wouldn't mind starting a fresh character and seeing what we get lol

I'm another who's on the Remnant train!

Best free game ever!

Yep it is gotta be fair, once the campaign is finished will give survival mode a go to, that looks a bit of fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently trying to get my head around "Outer Wilds". People have been raving about this for so long - But I must admit, after spending just over 3 hours with it, I'm struggling with it a bit.

Every little thing I find around the Universe, only confuses me more :p I feel pretty lost, and just wander around most of the time :p

If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it :D

Soldato
Currently trying to get my head around "Outer Wilds". People have been raving about this for so long - But I must admit, after spending just over 3 hours with it, I'm struggling with it a bit.

Every little thing I find around the Universe, only confuses me more :p I feel pretty lost, and just wander around most of the time :p

Yep I am highly confused too - see previous post, but everyone says stick with it. I'm just exploring all the weird places I can and finding as many glyphs as poss right now.

Soldato
Yep I am highly confused too - see previous post, but everyone says stick with it. I'm just exploring all the weird places I can and finding as many glyphs as poss right now.

Just read your previous post - I agree with it being disorientating :p

I'll keep at it - I'm kinda hoping for an "Oh ****! Now I get it!" moment :p

Associate

If you're finding yourself stuck and unsure what to do, head to a different planet and pick up a new thread. Don't know if it was just luck in my case, but it felt like every time I went somewhere new there was information to find that helped bring other pieces together.

Absolutely loved the lack of handholding in this game, it was very refreshing.

Soldato
If you're finding yourself stuck and unsure what to do, head to a different planet and pick up a new thread. Don't know if it was just luck in my case, but it felt like every time I went somewhere new there was information to find that helped bring other pieces together.

Absolutely loved the lack of handholding in this game, it was very refreshing.

Must admit, I have continued and I feel like I may be getting somewhere - still not 100% sure, but it feels like I’m uncovering... something at least :p

Soldato
Must admit, I have continued and I feel like I may be getting somewhere - still not 100% sure, but it feels like I’m uncovering... something at least :p
I've found more interesting things - don't forget to use the computer to remind you, but the time limit nature of this is really annoying sometimes, especially when it says there is more to discover and you really don't feel like going back again right now.

There's some really cool stuff to see and it's nice to dip in for an hour or two but I'm not getting the hype at all. I have found some annoying bugs too.

Soldato

Follow some of the storylines, but once you get the ship up and going, you're bouncing backwards and forwards between the various planets trying to figure out how to get as many mission done in one go at each place.

Soldato
Follow some of the storylines, but once you get the ship up and going, you're bouncing backwards and forwards between the various planets trying to figure out how to get as many mission done in one go at each place.
Right, I sort of see where this is going now. Great concept and I'm now getting an idea of what's going on so I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I won't lie, I've found some of it quite frustrating in the first 3 hours and hated some of the maps (Sunless City, RAAAAGE until I sussed the quick way!). In fact I wonder how many people have just got a bit confused and annoyed and given up on this because they didn't have anyone convincing them to stick at it!

I think what really caught me out here was that I was expecting a "chilled" gaming experience and this isn't really in that category given a very major part of the gameplay mechanics. I think I unfairly resented it a bit for that to start with.

Anyways, cheers all for the encouragement :D

Soldato
Right, I sort of see where this is going now. Great concept and I'm now getting an idea of what's going on so I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I won't lie, I've found some of it quite frustrating in the first 3 hours and hated some of the maps (Sunless City, RAAAAGE until I sussed the quick way!). In fact I wonder how many people have just got a bit confused and annoyed and given up on this because they didn't have anyone convincing them to stick at it!

I think what really caught me out here was that I was expecting a "chilled" gaming experience and this isn't really in that category given a very major part of the gameplay mechanics. I think I unfairly resented it a bit for that to start with.

Anyways, cheers all for the encouragement :D

I found it quite a slow burn to start with, then several hours in (basically when you get the ship going and have access to the other planets) it comes together and flows along nicely, but the ending feels a bit rushed, like they ran out of time. It's a good fun game once you settle into the universe and get nicely powered up with upgrades and armour, and figure out your favourite weapons and play style.

Soldato
I found it quite a slow burn to start with, then several hours in (basically when you get the ship going and have access to the other planets) it comes together and flows along nicely, but the ending feels a bit rushed, like they ran out of time. It's a good fun game once you settle into the universe and get nicely powered up with upgrades and armour, and figure out your favourite weapons and play style.
Hrm, I think you are confusing "The Outer Wilds" with "The Outer Worlds". I do fancy the latter as I am a massive Fallout fan. :D

Back
Top Bottom