UEFA Champions League and Europa League Knockout Games **Spoilers**

Associate
It really depends what you want in a player and how you want to set up. There's more than a hint of recency bias with Martial, he's had a strong season but has for some time been viewed as a frustrating player. Lukaku's record speaks for itself and his record at International level is outstanding too. Play to his strengths and he is a very potent player. He's hit 25+ in four of the past five seasons. Martial hasn't reached that this year, in his best goalscoring season.

Horses for courses.

Caporegime
It really depends what you want in a player and how you want to set up. There's more than a hint of recency bias with Martial, he's had a strong season but has for some time been viewed as a frustrating player. Lukaku's record speaks for itself and his record at International level is outstanding too. Play to his strengths and he is a very potent player. He's hit 25+ in four of the past five seasons. Martial hasn't reached that this year, in his best goalscoring season.

Horses for courses.

Martial had been out for 3 months at the start of the season. I guess we will get a true picture next season.

I cannot believe people on here can defend this.

Caporegime
As I said, Martial is a far better all round player. Lukaku is very much a one trick pony and is very poor in big games. His record for us was one of the worst out of any starting striker we've had. Talking about Martial's scoring record in past years when he's played on the wing until this season is just stupid. He's shown his quality this year and now we've got rid of the manager that hated him and tried to sell him he's looking top quality.

Back
Top Bottom